Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Green Lantern: Beware My Power trailer out!!

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^Thanks. I like DC Animated, but have not kept up.

Comment

Yeah they killed off their entire nu52 ish universe amd all their characters that started with the Flashpoint animated movie in that 2nd JL Dark movie. Just wiped it all away at the end and like Emerald Enthusiast mentioned, that Superman Man Of Tomorrow movie was the beginning of what passes for animated continuity currently. So far so good at least.

Comment

I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that somehow Hal only APPEARS dead and John somehow saves him by the end of the movie. That would be a nice bit of business if they decided to do that, instead of outright shitting on Hal fans.

Comment

Our own Emerald Enthusiast did a cool reaction video highlighting some details. The PG 13 comment got me chuckling. Hadn't spotted that.

+ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdIwv2meaRg" title="View this video at YouTube in a new window or tab" target="_blank">YouTube Video
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdIwv2meaRg"> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdIwv2meaRg" /> ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
          Space Cop
          The Dandy
          Last edited by Space Cop; 05-09-2022, 02:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
            Our own Emerald Enthusiast did a cool reaction video highlighting some details. The PG 13 comment got me chuckling. Hadn't spotted that.

+ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdIwv2meaRg" title="View this video at YouTube in a new window or tab" target="_blank">YouTube Video
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdIwv2meaRg"> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdIwv2meaRg" /> ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

I'm glad that you enjoyed it. When my inboxes on Twitter, TikTok, and Facebook had numerous messages each, I thought that the vid was a more efficient way to answer everyone.

Comment

is it just me or did they replace Kyle's story of how he got his ring and give it to JS?

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by IonFan View Post
                is it just me or did they replace Kyle's story of how he got his ring and give it to JS?

I don't think so. The GLC seems to have suffered a bad defeat at the hands of the Sinestro Corps, but it doesn't feel like they're all gone. It appears that in that one shot, John is fighting with a small group of Lanterns, although that could be someone else's hand.

Comment

Furthermore, in the trailer, the Guardian was specifically looking for John Stewart, whereas Kyle was originally conceived as a random choice.
                  ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

The more I look at the trailer, the more it looks like they wanted to punch up John's dated origin story and used an amalgam of Hal and Kyle's origins. At least visually. We'll see.

Comment

It's another stumbling block the GL mythos have are the many origins for the umpteen human GLs that just don't stand well on their own or hold up to the test of time. IMO I think the only 2 that have truly good origins are Alan Scott and Hal Jordan.

Comment

^Hey, I still want to see a period-set Hard Traveling Heroes and I could totally go for an angry, afro-styling John as part of that or in the sequel.

Comment

My only problem is that the John Stewart costume is pretty lame, in my opinion.

I mean, I really don't know why they gave him that silly crotch pointer design. I really can't see who would think that was a good idea.

That said, as I alluded to earlier, I do think DC and WB should strive to make John Stewart a more distinct character from the other GL's, if for no other reason so that people can't say he takes things from other characters. If people complain about him, then address those complaints if they are valid. Those people may still not like him, probably because there are people who are just never going to like him, but at least that's one less accusation they can use against the character and fixing it will help him in the long run.

I get why that didn't happen before; because no one was invested enough in him to bother, but it looks like they're putting some effort behind him for a change, so they should take full advantage of the opportunities.
                          ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

Originally posted by Star-Lantern View Post
                            Furthermore, in the trailer, the Guardian was specifically looking for John Stewart, whereas Kyle was originally conceived as a random choice.
                            that was retconned years ago and was never true to begun with, THE RING picks the user NOT THE GUARDIANS

IonFan says

Comment

Originally posted by IonFan View Post

that was retconned years ago and was never true to begun with, THE RING picks the user NOT THE GUARDIANS
                              Funny, that retcon has never clicked in my head. When I think of Kyle's origin, I definitely think "you will have to do."

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post

Funny, that retcon has never clicked in my head. When I think of Kyle's origin, I definitely think "you will have to do."
                                grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

IonFan says

Comment

Working...
                                X