This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
    So I had this urge to see each GL title's sales from issue to issue. What a pain in the ass! No wonder nobody ever wants to do this! LOL...
    Told you. Thanks. This is cool. So, some of the decline has been pretty gradual since New 52. [See random 1 year samplings below somewhere to see Johns at his height compared to New 52 compared to post-Johns.]

PS. Since you did all this hard work, you may want to make that a separate sticky thread so it's not still post 222 when we're on post 380 or whatever.

Comment

• Some people blame this on the general decline in comics sales, but look at the RELATIVE POSITIONS that the Lantern titles have held in those numbers. They're dropping sharply RELATIVE TO OTHER TITLES.

Comment

• this is true. I noticed that as I was busy cutting and pasting; the titles that are below, above, and between those GL books rankings is staying fairly static. Which is bad news for the mainstream line in general.

Comment

• If Image is the new big seller it's no longer indie though, it is the new mainstream (and they are mainstream).

Comment

• Green Lantern dropped from #1 to #31, the GLC from #24 to #76, NG from #23 to #85 and RL from #32 to #89. So this ain't about any overall decline in comics sales. It's about the decline of the GL titles.

Comment

• To put it in some further perspective: Among all comics, Green Lantern now stands where The Red Lanterns stood at the start of the New 52.

Comment

• We'll see some kind of change within a year. The books' sales are all slipping every month. It can't continue on this path forever, and DC can't ignore it for too much longer. At this point I'm thinking DC will cut the books down to three and revamp them. GL and maybe GLC will continue with new creative teams and directions. Everything else will get the axe. And finally DC will launch another title so it doesn't look like they are completely surrendering.

Comment

• I predicted a couple of months on the CBR board that The Red Lanterns would be gone by January, and that the problrm was the emotional spectrum, and of course I got wildly trolled for saying it. And I added that The New Guardians would't be too far behind. I still stand by that.

I think DC will just fold Guy and Kyle into the GLC and lick its wounds for a while before trying another expansion of the franchise.
                  Trey Strain
                  Guardian of the Universe
                  Last edited by Trey Strain; 04-11-2014, 10:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spy Smasher View Post
                    I predicted a couple of months on the CBR board that The Red Lanterns would be gone by January, and that the problrm was the emotional spectrum, and of course I got wildly trolled for saying it. And I added that The New Guardians would't be too far behind. I still stand by that.

I think DC will just fold Guy and Kyle into the GLC and lick its wounds for a while before trying another expansion of the franchise.
                    Maybe, maybe not. It all depends on what DC views as acceptable numbers. Batwing for example is officially under the 10k mark and still hasn't been slated for cancellation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                      Maybe, maybe not. It all depends on what DC views as acceptable numbers. Batwing for example is officially under the 10k mark and still hasn't been slated for cancellation.
                      17k on icv2.com, which amounts to 20k in actual sales, is the normal cancellation mark for DCU titles, although exceptions are made in certain circumstances.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spy Smasher View Post
                        I predicted a couple of months on the CBR board that The Red Lanterns would be gone by January, and that the problrm was the emotional spectrum, and of course I got wildly trolled for saying it. And I added that The New Guardians wouldst be too far behind. I still stand by that.

The Red Lanterns book is the best book in the line IMO right now. I hope it doesn't get cancelled anytime soon.

The regular title is definitely the worse. Venditti should get the boot. I blame his crappy run on the falling sales. It's affecting all of the books, including the best, RL and GLC.
                        Mister.Weirdo
                        Guardian of the Universe
                        Last edited by Mister.Weirdo; 04-12-2014, 03:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypo View Post
                          Batwing has advantage of having the word "bat" in the title.

Comment

• Originally posted by weareborg View Post
                            I see sarcasm is lost on people. I was poking fun at Star-Lantern/Desh about his John is the only good lantern crap that he always spews.
                            LOL-HEAVEN THIS IS EXCELLENT!!!

Hahahaha!

I'm really eating away at you, huh? From across cyberspace, no less. Entire websites away! : p
                            I bet you'll just keep reading all the crap I spew, for whatever reason. I guess that's... flattering, in a way.
                            Star-Lantern
                            Weaponer of Qward
                            Last edited by Star-Lantern; 04-12-2014, 03:52 AM.
                            ZATSWAN.COM Zatswan: Multiversal Guardian, the brand new cosmic comic book, now available!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
                              The Red Lanterns book is the best book in the line IMO right now. I hope it doesn't get cancelled anytime soon.
                              WUT? The first twelve issues were so bad, I actually sold them, which I never do!
                              SocializingMogo
                              Corps Honor Guard
                              Last edited by SocializingMogo; 04-12-2014, 12:35 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SocializingMogo View Post
                                WUT? The first two issues were so bad, I actually sold them, which I never do!
                                I'm talking about the current run (21 and up). It's improved a lot. The inclusion of Guy Gardner in the corps has real done a lot, and Soule has actually managed to make The Red Lanterns interesting characters.

Comment

Working...
                                X