This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Sales declines since Rebirth was launched.

JLA -- 68%

HL&GLC -- 62%

GLs -- 54%

Superman -- 47%

There you have it in black and white, DC. People have tried what you did with the GL franchise, and they didn't like it.

It's time for you to tap out and reboot it.
    yeah but see people are sick of reboots....................................... i know i am anyway

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

Sales declines since Rebirth was launched.

JLA -- 68%

HL&GLC -- 62%

GLs -- 54%

Superman -- 47%

There you have it in black and white, DC. People have tried what you did with the GL franchise, and they didn't like it.

It's time for you to tap out and reboot it.
      I don't know if comparing sales to the false high of a reboot new #1 is really a fair comparison. I would think you would have to give a book at least a year to find it's level and then see where the numbers go from there. Some books it doesn't take as long. Rebirth has been great for the Flash and Detective comics. The other books too early to tell. As for HJ&tGLC while it might not be SCW level of good it outshines the previous Vendetti GL book by miles. That is however a low bar to surpass because that book was awful and I wanted it to succeed.

Comment

• Originally posted by IonFan View Post
        yeah but see people are sick of reboots....................................... i know i am anyway
        Green Lantern has never been rebooted. And I guarantee you the sales would explode. This time though they had better not screw it up.
        Trey Strain
        Guardian of the Universe
        Last edited by Trey Strain; 03-23-2017, 06:47 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
          I don't know if comparing sales to the false high of a reboot new #1 is really a fair comparison. I would think you would have to give a book at least a year to find it's level and then see where the numbers go from there. Some books it doesn't take as long. Rebirth has been great for the Flash and Detective comics. The other books too early to tell. As for HJ&tGLC while it might not be SCW level of good it outshines the previous Vendetti GL book by miles. That is however a low bar to surpass because that book was awful and I wanted it to succeed.
          My comparison shows only the biggest drops since Rebirth. The sales of those four titles have taken the biggest hits, and that is meaningful.

All four of those titles have Green Lanterns and/or Superman in them. That's where the work needs to be done.

Comment

• trey did you do the calculating yourself or is it somewhere? I am interested to see how all the Rebirth titles are doing.

Comment

• I took the most recent month's figures, which are on the previous page of this thread, and divided them by the figues here:

http://icv2.com/articles/markets/vie...tual-june-2016

However, JLA wasn't relaunched till the following month.

http://icv2.com/articles/markets/vie...tual-july-2016

Comment

• It's time to make Green Lantern great again.

That entails flushing everything since Kyle's earliest days and starting all four (not six) Earth Lanterns off on an equal footing. Restoring the Guardians and keeping them off-camera. Having two A titles, not an A title and a B title, with one based on Earth and the other in space, and putting the other two Lanterns on teams. Not coordinating the two titles but letting them tell their own stories. Retiring the emotional spectrum or putting it in a recurring mini.

There's nothing complicated about that, and it'll sell. It just requires a long-overdue reboot.

Do it and thrive, or watch the property continue to decline.
                Trey Strain
                Guardian of the Universe
                Last edited by Trey Strain; 03-25-2017, 09:23 AM.

Comment

• As long as Johns is apart of DC we're stuck with Baz and Cruz.

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnMc View Post
                    As long as Johns is apart of DC we're stuck with Baz and Cruz.
                    I'm sure they'll be around somewhere. But it doesn't have to be as Lanterns.

Comment

• Make Crus and Baz into the new Peek A Boo and the new Human Bomb.

Comment

I'm sure they'll be around somewhere. But it doesn't have to be as Lanterns.
                        The book will have to do terrible numbers for that to happen. I mean so terrible not even Johns will save them.They are his creations after all [and Baz is supposed to be Johns' personal avatar as well]

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnMc View Post
                          The book will have to do terrible numbers for that to happen. I mean so terrible not even Johns will save them.They are his creations after all [and Baz is supposed to be Johns' personal avatar as well]
                          Just be patient. They'll have to tap out sooner or later and admit that they screwed it all up.

Comment

Just be patient. They'll have to tap out sooner or later and admit that they screwed it all up.
                            When has DC every admitted that they screwed up?

Comment

• It's the sales, John. The sales. Money talks. You can't sell something that people won't buy, no matter how badly you want to sell it.

Nobody except DC's management wanted Baz and Cruz to be put in the JLA and to get their own GL comic, and for the other four Lanterns to be crammed into another comic. A pig with lipstick on it is still a pig, and nobody will buy it except someone who wants a pig.

I posted a long time ago that I thought they were doing this to get the diversity police off their backs. So they could say, "See how hard we tried to do this?" That's the only explanation I can think of. They couldn't be foolish enough to think this would actually work.

At least I don't think they could be.
                              Trey Strain
                              Guardian of the Universe
                              Last edited by Trey Strain; 03-27-2017, 07:53 PM.

Comment

• This is an unusual comics board because most people here aren't politically correct. On CBR for example, the owner, Jonah Weiland, uses the word "diversity" as if it's sacred and unanswerable, and often angrily. Most people there thought that making Alan Scott gay would make the JSA comic fly off the shelves. They really believed that!

Well, why would it? And why would putting a Muslim Lantern and a female Latino Lantern in a comic make it sell? Especially when you promote them at the expense of your existing characters!

DC needs to learn from this and move on.

Comment

Working...
                                X