This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeronimo Thompson View Post
    The Emotional Spectrum was a good idea for a story, but thatīs all. In fact, at the moment, I was pretty sure all these rainbow corps were going to disappear after Blackest Night. As an eternal contribution to the GL universe, I think they are just dead weight, and I still donīt understand why is DC keeping them inserted in the franchise.

With respect to the ST/GL miniseries, as I read the first issue and saw all those rainbow rings, I decided to ignore the cross-over.
    I think simply because the company has no faith in the pre-Johns Green Lantern but has great faith in Geoff.

Geoff should have walked away from the property after Blackest Night, while he was still ahead, and never thought about it again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
      I think simply because the company has no faith in the pre-Johns Green Lantern but has great faith in Geoff.

Geoff should have walked away from the property after Blackest Night, while he was still ahead, and never thought about it again.
      Totally agree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
        Ever since I was kid and into both properties, I thought there was a natural connection between the Green Lantern Corps and Starfleet. They're both multicultural, universal forces for good that take it upon themselves to keep peace in the galaxy (or their part of it in ST).

In fact if a non-comic-reading Trekkie ever asked what comics they would be most likely to enjoy (besides the obvious ST books), I'd point to GL (though most likely the classic GLC stuff).
        I agree, and I've always felt that Hal and Kirk had similar personalities. A crossover of some sort was inevitable given the two properties' space backdrops and enduring popularity.
        Check out my Green Lantern product reviews on Twitter as the Emerald Enthusiast! @EmeraldEnthusi1

Comment

• One other factor might be that many PotA and ST fans know GL only from That Movie That Shall Go Nameless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
            10 HAL JORDAN AND THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS REBIRTH #1[*] 113,965
            11 HAL JORDAN AND THE GREEN LANTERN CORPS #1[*] 108,708
            28 Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps 2* $2.99 DC 77,972
            42 Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps 3* $2.99 DC 64,737
            41 Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps 4* $2.99 DC 54,815
            46 Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps 5* $2.99 DC 50,935
            49 Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps 6 $2.99 DC 49,988
            53 Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps 7 $2.99 DC 48,064
            51 Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps 8 $2.99 DC 45,194
            55 Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps 9 $2.99 DC 43,485
            54 Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps 10 $2.99 DC 41,234
            57 Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps 11 $2.99 DC 40,111
            60 Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps 12 $2.99 DC 39,148
            63 Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps 13 $2.99 DC 38,053
            52 Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps 14 $2.99 DC 37,504
            57 Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps 15 $2.99 DC 36,331
            58 Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps 16 $2.99 DC 35,996
            61 Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps 17 $2.99 DC 35,205
            HA! so much for turning Kyle green again

Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
            100 Planet of Apes Green Lantern 1 $3.99 Boom 22,712
            143 Planet of the Apes Green Lantern 2 $3.99 Boom 16,203

----------------------------------------------------------------

116 Star Trek Green Lantern Vol. 2 1* $3.99 IDW 20,853
            156 Star Trek Green Lantern Vol. 2 2* $3.99 IDW 15,595
            155 Star Trek Green Lantern Vol. 2 3* $3.99 IDW 14,526
            167 Star Trek Green Lantern Vol. 2 4* $3.99 IDW 13,643
            this is just sad i for one am liking this two

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

• I don't think Kyle's "turning green again" is why people are rejecting HJatGLC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
                I don't think Kyle's "turning green again" is why people are rejecting HJatGLC.
                well it's why i rejected it

< link here
                IonFan
                Forum Member
                Last edited by IonFan; 04-18-2017, 01:47 PM.

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

• Originally posted by IonFan View Post
                  well it's why i rejected it

< link here
                  You show 'em who's boss Ion!

Comment

• Yes. Ion has proven that people hate Green Lantern Kyle because the numbers for that book (in which he is not the main character) decreased at the same rate they've been decreasing for months.

Comment

• Well, what I've understood is Ion affirms that "Kyle turning green again" hasnīt had any impact in the fandom, as the sales of this book keep the same tendency observed in previous months.

Wasn' it?

Comment

• Ion just wants Kyle to have uber godlike powers with 20 different rings and his body as a living power battery. More is better for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeronimo Thompson View Post
                          Well, what I've understood is Ion affirms that "Kyle turning green again" hasnīt had any impact in the fandom, as the sales of this book keep the same tendency observed in previous months.

Wasn' it?
                          Ion is a difficult puzzle to solve, but I believe you are right. His logic was: (1) Kyle went Green in Hal Jordan #17; (2) If fans wanted Kyle back in green the numbers would have shot up drastically in one month; (3) therefore fans want Kyle to be Space Jesus forver and ever.

Comment

• I prefer Kyle being a Green Lantern to White Lantern or demigod (and I didnīt buy either Hal Jordan and the Green Lantern Corps #17), but donīt tell Ion…

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave Targaryen I View Post
                              Ion just wants Kyle to have uber godlike powers with 20 different rings and his body as a living power battery. More is better for him.
                              DC Comics thought the same thing until just one month ago. DAMN they were persistent with that!

Comment

• Hal, Guy, John and Kyle need to be Green Lanterns and nothing else.

GREEN. (EXPLETIVE DELETED). LANTERNS.

Not red, not white, not blue, not Christmas Lanterns, not Vuldarians, not Darkstars, not the Spectre.

GREEN. (EXPLETIVE DELETED). LANTERNS.

The only ones who shouldn't be Green Lanterns are Baz and Cruz. But of course those are the ones who DC is determined to make Green Lanterns.
                                Trey Strain
                                Guardian of the Universe
                                Last edited by Trey Strain; 04-19-2017, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X