No announcement yet.

GL: Movie Masters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That Bzzd looks like it was molded out of sculpty and badly painted ... WTF!

Darth_Andrea

Comment

Originally posted by Larfleeze92 View Post
      im so confused..which ones are officially out and does movie masters have a website Ive only seen Rot lop fan (which I bought) and hal and tomar
      I got the fish too. (cant remember name)

That Bzzd looks to be maybe the size of Hal's head.

MORE FIGURES THAT I CANT DISPLAY WITHOUT A SPECIAL STAND!!!
      Zander Yurami
      Fear is Power
      Last edited by Zander Yurami; 05-18-2011, 11:59 PM.

Comment

Saw the Hal/Abin two pack today. I wasn´t much impressed by them.

Comment

Bzzd looks like he came straight off a Charlotte Hornets jersey. :P

I assume he comes with the Maskless Hal Jordan figure.
          hazardfilms
          Parallax Host
          Last edited by hazardfilms; 05-19-2011, 05:44 AM.
          "Build a man a fire, he'll stay warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm the rest of his life."

Comment

Yep he's a pack in with maskless Hal.

Customs- http://www.thegreenlanterncorps.com/...ead.php?t=7448

Comment

I'm not crazy about most of these. I think Abin bothers me most since it looks NOTHING like he does in the movie, the face is all wrong. I did want Kilowog but I'm not going to want to spend the Matty Collector exclusive price.

Comment

I have given in, I was very disappointed at first but slowly I have came around. They really are not that bad. At 5.99 - 6.97. Anything more then that for the basic figures is to much. Even with limited articulation I have had fun with them. Isamot Kol kinda sealed it. He is the first basic figure I opened and he is actually pretty fun. I love the bear trap construct. Sculpt wise for the price I think they are pretty good likeness of the characters.

As far as movie masters I really like them as well. Naut Kei Loi is my favorite. He looks amazing in person, the metallic really give a fish scale look. In my head he is not Naut Kei Loi though he is just some other space fish.

I think with each movie item while not perfect there is something to like from them. The basic figures are awesome due to the constructs and the cross use with DCUC/DCD and Movie masters. The Movie Masters are all pretty nicely sculpted and giving us some aliens I never expected to see.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyHel View Post
                  I'm not crazy about most of these. I think Abin bothers me most since it looks NOTHING like he does in the movie, the face is all wrong. I did want Kilowog but I'm not going to want to spend the Matty Collector exclusive price.
                  Like the Stel basic figure, Abin was made based on early concept art and not the finished look. Not sure why they didn't just use Temuera Morrison as a reference, though. At the very least they could have made him look like the actor.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyHel View Post
                    I'm holding off on most of these as well. I've been picking up a few 4" figs for the constructs and I got the Construct Chopper. I'm more than likely going to cherry pick the movie masters and give them a comic based paint job. The Maskless Hal looks pretty good up close.

Originally posted by Muthasucka View Post
                    Like the Stel basic figure, Abin was made based on early concept art and not the finished look. Not sure why they didn't just use Temuera Morrison as a reference, though. At the very least they could have made him look like the actor.
                    Yeah but they knew last year what Abin was going to look like in the movie, they had the Abin body prop at Comicon.
                    "Build a man a fire, he'll stay warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm the rest of his life."

Comment

Originally posted by SINATRAtheTANK View Post
                      Very odd...Must say I like the looks of Wave 3 though.

I agree. Plus the site is mislabled. Kilowog picture but called DC Comics Green Lantern Figure Max Charge Hal Jordan http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_1...4604002P?mv=rr. Sinestro figure picture but called DC Comics Green Lantern Figure Kilowog http://www.kmart.com/shc/s/p_10151_1...&blockType=G10. I shopped at Kmart and if I did not know what I was buying and what it looked like they tried to give me something else. But they are cheaper that Walmart!

Comment

Just to warn everyone - K-Mart does not have the wave three figures they have on the site. I ordered them and what arrived was the wave one assortment that all the stores already have (Hal, Tomar-Re, and Rot Lop Fan). I called them up and spoke to a Customer Service rep who apologized and found that the items are not actually available yet. She was going to pass it on to the team that runs the online store but couldn't guarantee it would be fixed. This goes along with someone who emailed my site about having the same issues with the Krona 3.5" figure that he ordered from them and got the wrong thing, too.

Comment

Sounds like the Wave 11 BS they pulled earlier.
                          I just wanna play.
                          I just wanna play a game.
                          One that you've never played before.
                          One you'll never play again I'm sure...

Comment

I've pretty much sworn off 6" figures, but I can't help but think how awesome it would be to display my 4" with that C&C Parallax...

Comment

I thought that too but unfortunately as much as I'm loving the Movie Masters line I seriously doubt I'll be able to get all of them. Tomar and Sinestro are definite buys but I doubt that I'll get Kilowog since he's only available online and I really don't have the $$$ to buy up the rest MM line right now.
                              In blackest day or brightest night,
                              ...Watermelon, cantaloupe, yadda yadda,
                              Erm...superstitious and cowardly lot,
                              With liberty and justice for all! - Duck Dodgers

Comment

Does anybody have any tips to get the MM Hal to hold his power battery? I know about using the clear rubber band thingy but I don't have one.
                                In blackest day or brightest night,
                                ...Watermelon, cantaloupe, yadda yadda,
                                Erm...superstitious and cowardly lot,
                                With liberty and justice for all! - Duck Dodgers

Comment

Working...
                                X