GL: Movie Masters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
    are you sure you put that together correctly?
    Not my picture. but it matches the back of the box

Comment

• Originally posted by Zander Yurami View Post
      Not my picture. but it matches the back of the box
      i think ill wait till the mm parallax single figure comes out
      .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
        i think ill wait till the mm parallax single figure comes out
        There is no Movie master parallax single figure. Toyguru and Mattel said that Parallax is so big the head and torso get its own packaging. Its not a separate figure per say its just you get head and torso in place of head and figure...and torso and figure. If you do that he will not have a leg to stand on.

Also I may be looking at it wrong but yes there are similarities between that leaked picture and the back of the box. But that does not mean its put together correctly. In fact almost proves it is not. The back of the box looks nothing like the leaked picture. I think the just the way the leaked picture is put together makes it seem worse than it already is.

ToyGuru posted this on the AFI forum:
        "As for MM Parallax, you will see the final painted assembled version at SDCC. You can get a basic idea (as Daniel stated) of what he looks like on the back of the package (with some parts blacked out per Warner Bros. request).

And also as Daniel stated, toy designs are done very early on and we did our best to make Parallax look as much like the most current reference we had at the time we needed to cut steel and make the tools. We did not design Parallax, we just sculpted him based on the reference provided by the filmmakers. Finding a way to chop him into 11 parts was also challenging. In the end, to fit his head and upper torso in a package, we went ahead and made the final "figure" in the series a "Parallax" figure where you will get the head and upper torso along with a new sculpted fear symbol base to display him as a "bust". (or disregard the base and connect him to the rest of the pieces to complete the C&C!). This "Parallax" Movie Master figure will also come with a mini Hal Jordan that clips onto one of the tentacles in the final connected 14" figure!

Also, much like the constructs, Parallax was finalized very late in production. This is also why you don't see Constructs in the MM line. We did not have clear reference for them at the time we needed to make the toy molds. We wanted everything in the MM line to be as authentic as possible. Unlike the kid friendly 3 3/4" line, we did not want to do inspired by constructs in a movie authentic line like Movie Masters. "

Comment

• Originally posted by Glomulus Wants View Post
          There is no Movie master parallax single figure. Toyguru and Mattel said that Parallax is so big the head and torso get its own packaging. Its not a separate figure per say its just you get head and torso in place of head and figure...and torso and figure. If you do that he will not have a leg to stand on.

Also I may be looking at it wrong but yes there are similarities between that leaked picture and the back of the box. But that does not mean its put together correctly. In fact almost proves it is not. The back of the box looks nothing like the leaked picture. I think the just the way the leaked picture is put together makes it seem worse than it already is.

ToyGuru posted this on the AFI forum:
          "As for MM Parallax, you will see the final painted assembled version at SDCC. You can get a basic idea (as Daniel stated) of what he looks like on the back of the package (with some parts blacked out per Warner Bros. request).

And also as Daniel stated, toy designs are done very early on and we did our best to make Parallax look as much like the most current reference we had at the time we needed to cut steel and make the tools. We did not design Parallax, we just sculpted him based on the reference provided by the filmmakers. Finding a way to chop him into 11 parts was also challenging. In the end, to fit his head and upper torso in a package, we went ahead and made the final "figure" in the series a "Parallax" figure where you will get the head and upper torso along with a new sculpted fear symbol base to display him as a "bust". (or disregard the base and connect him to the rest of the pieces to complete the C&C!). This "Parallax" Movie Master figure will also come with a mini Hal Jordan that clips onto one of the tentacles in the final connected 14" figure!

Also, much like the constructs, Parallax was finalized very late in production. This is also why you don't see Constructs in the MM line. We did not have clear reference for them at the time we needed to make the toy molds. We wanted everything in the MM line to be as authentic as possible. Unlike the kid friendly 3 3/4" line, we did not want to do inspired by constructs in a movie authentic line like Movie Masters. "
          series 5 this august and a morro figure

http://www.toywiz.com/parallax.html
          .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• *sigh* that is just the head and torso according to Mattel...

Comment

• Originally posted by Glomulus Wants View Post
              There is no Movie master parallax single figure. Toyguru and Mattel said that Parallax is so big the head and torso get its own packaging. Its not a separate figure per say

In the end, to fit his head and upper torso in a package, we went ahead and made the final "figure" in the series a "Parallax" figure where you will get the head and upper torso along with a new sculpted fear symbol base to display him as a "bust". (or disregard the base and connect him to the rest of the pieces to complete the C&C!). This "Parallax" Movie Master figure will also come with a mini Hal Jordan that clips onto one of the tentacles in the final connected 14" figure
              excellent!

this answers all my questions about Movie Masters Parallax

thanks Glomulus !
              mars396
              Major Force's Dinner Date
              Last edited by mars396; 06-02-2011, 08:08 PM.

Comment

• Finally found Naut Ke Loi today at TRU. What case pack is he in as I've only seen the Hal,Rot Tomar case before today...or is it that he is the first taken. Also picked up the Hal/Abin Sur 2 pack(I basically paid $32 for Abin) is Abin not going to be single packed? Because if so Ill return it and wait for a single Abin release.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bjjer View Post
                  Finally found Naut Ke Loi today at TRU. What case pack is he in as I've only seen the Hal,Rot Tomar case before today...or is it that he is the first taken. Also picked up the Hal/Abin Sur 2 pack(I basically paid $32 for Abin) is Abin not going to be single packed? Because if so Ill return it and wait for a single Abin release.
                  Nope. We're stuck with the two pack if we want Abin. I picked it up today too. They should have at least included batteries for each...
                  I just wanna play.
                  I just wanna play a game.
                  One that you've never played before.
                  One you'll never play again I'm sure...

Comment

• Yeah I mean i know He's the Star of the Show but Hal's the only one with a Power Ring AND a stand (And believe me some of these other Lanterns could really use Stands)
                    Green Lantern Unlimited!

Comment

• Originally posted by Lantern2814.20850 View Post
                      (And believe me some of these other Lanterns could really use Stands)
                      Case and point:

Comment

Case and point:
                        I find he's pretty stable, unlike Tomar, but I got Naut on a whippy stand anyway to make him a floating fishing lure.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bjjer View Post
                          I find he's pretty stable, unlike Tomar, but I got Naut on a whippy stand anyway to make him a floating fishing lure.
                          Funny, my Tomar is find standing on his own. Hal on the other hand...

Comment

Figured you would like to see this

It kinda looks like the top right arm should be swapped with the middle bottom leg. It might look a tad better like that...

Comment

• Originally posted by Lantern2814.20850 View Post
                              Yeah I mean i know He's the Star of the Show but Hal's the only one with a Power Ring AND a stand (And believe me some of these other Lanterns could really use Stands)
                              Tomar Re came with a stand. Looks like Sinestro does, too. And the 2 packs come with stands. But, you're right, they should all just come with them - they're cool stands!

Comment

• Green Man is sold out on Matty. I'm a bit shocked. I procrastinated due to the total price with shipping. I figured there was absolutely NO rush and that it was possible to get him even cheaper down the road. I guess I better move a little faster when Wog comes up.

Comment

Working...
                                X