X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Champions of Justice (1971)

"Remember our saying: Jalisco never looses and when it does, it kills."

Blue Demon and his luchadore friends are mostly worrying about their goddaughters in a beauty pagent when Black Hand returns with a new plan---kidnap the beauty queens and give super strength to his midget wrestlers (their term) to defeat the good guys.

Comment

• ...How come Mexico has all the good superhero films?
      Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Kiss of the Vampire (1963)

"When the devil attacks a man or woman with this foul disease of the vampire the unfortunate human being can do one of two things. Either he can seek God through the church and pray for absolution or he can persuade himself that his filthy perversion is some kind of new and wonderful experience to be shared by the favored few."

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
        ...How come Mexico has all the good superhero films?
        I'll probably get banned for saying it, but I'd rather watch one of these than some CGI-only hero fighting 100 CGI baddies in the latest Marvel movie. Funny enough, as I type this I'm watching James Rolfe's video about how he's not into the Avengers movies.
        Space Cop
        The Dandy
        Last edited by Space Cop; 04-27-2019, 12:03 AM.

Comment

• Yeah, I'm honestly on the fence about watching that video. Not because I'll disagree with him so much that I'll quit him or some dumb shit like that, but because I get the feeling I already know why (or at least suspect why) he doesn't much care for them, and on a level I'm fine with that. He already has differing opinions on things I like/dislike, so it's not like this video would shift my stance towards him.

Comment

• Mystery in Bermuda (1970)

"The only joy in danger is when it's done."

Yeah, I'm honestly on the fence about watching that video. Not because I'll disagree with him so much that I'll quit him or some dumb shit like that, but because I get the feeling I already know why (or at least suspect why) he doesn't much care for them, and on a level I'm fine with that. He already has differing opinions on things I like/dislike, so it's not like this video would shift my stance towards him.
            Well, Kieran takes the opposite stance and James does say he likes a lot of the Marvel movies. He goes pretty easy on them, actually; just saying that the Avengers are well done but he loses interest in them as opposed to the single-hero movies. That's not very harsh. Actually, he doesn't clearly pin down his reasons, but they seem to be that he feels they're overloaded with characters and run too long.
            And, yeah, I've disagreed with him before like when he talked about Citizen Kane being overrated. I find in those situations, he's actually pretty diplomatic. He rarely outright says a movie sucks (though he does with games).
            Space Cop
            The Dandy
            Last edited by Space Cop; 04-27-2019, 01:35 PM.

Comment

• like everyone else in the world i saw EndGame yesterday....................... liked the start of it, f@cking loved the ending, could of used less of the middle but over all a d@mn good movie

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

• Avengers: Endgame (2019)

Comment

• Avengers: Infinity War (2018)

"I should've stayed on the bus."

I mostly liked this right up until characters made unforgivably stupid decisions. What's with Doc Strange's decision? Does that somehow make sense in Endgame? Not that I'm in a rush to find out; I'll wait until that hits Netflix too.
                  Space Cop
                  The Dandy
                  Last edited by Space Cop; 04-28-2019, 10:46 AM.

Comment

• Wreck-It Ralph (2012)

"I'm bad, and that's good! I'll never be good, and that's not bad! There's no one I'd rather be...than me!"

This isn't a film, it's a goddamn work of modern art. Seeing all those game characters, many of which are childhood favorites of mine (Sonic the fucking Hedgehog, man!). The portrayal of villains as guys who just have a shitty day job is a great way of getting the audience to empathize with them, and damn did I shed a tear when Ralph got to make his heroic move. John C. Reilly did a fantastic job as the protagonist.

I like how Felix wasn't some arrogant prick. He is just a guy doing the right thing, and actually seems to like Ralph while the Nicelanders are actually the problem. Felix doesn't go get Ralph back because he wants to keep himself on a pedestal, he does it because Ralph missing is wrong and he needs him back.

Calhoun was hilarious, so machismo and with a tragic backstory too good to not like (I got a laugh when she pulled out a minigun in the wedding flashback; laugh was even bigger when the platoon of marines were ready the second time).

Q*bert (and Felix speaking his language) was a hilarious inclusion. Such clever writing.

Goddamn, King Candy is one evil son of a bitch. Ralph got it pretty accurate when he called the other racers cavities, because that could describe a lot of what the entire situation in Sugar Rush is (although I have to admit, the racers and their cars were kind of cool aesthetically, and the game made me think of Candy Land).

I need to own this film for my collection so fucking bad, as well as see the sequel.

Comment

• The Lost World: Jurassic Park (1997)

"There's a dinosaur in our backyard."

The Lovely Bones (2009)

"There was a snow globe, and I remember the penguin who lived inside the globe. He was all alone in there, and I worried for him."

Great.

Wreck-It Ralph (2012) . . . This isn't a film, it's a goshdarn work of modern art. . .
                      It really is. I loved that movie. I loved Vanellope in that.

. . . Q*bert (and Felix speaking his language) was a hilarious inclusion. Such clever writing. . .
                      That bit made me LOL when I saw it in theater.

. . . I need to own this film for my collection so fucking bad, as well as see the sequel.
                      Me too. I would've had it already if it wasn't the usual bit of Disney never lowering its prices. I always hesitate to actually spend $25 on BD, but I should just bite the bullet on that one, especially since I haven't seen it since it was new.
                      Space Cop
                      The Dandy
                      Last edited by Space Cop; 05-05-2019, 12:09 PM.

Comment

• Teen Titans: The Judas Contract (2017)

Comment

• El Dorado (1967)

"Don't you think I can know a girl?"

Chisum (1970)

"Because no matter where people go, sooner or later there's the law. And sooner or later they find God's already been there."
                          Space Cop
                          The Dandy
                          Last edited by Space Cop; 05-05-2019, 12:13 PM.

Comment

• My review of Avengers Endgame.

https://dailyuv.com/978171

Comment

• Shin Godzilla (2016)

"Don't knock red tape; it's the foundation of democracy."

Austin Powers in Goldmember (2002)

"There are only two things I can't stand in this world: People who are intolerant of other people's cultures, and the Dutch."

I think I liked this one best of the three but maybe that was also because it's the only one I hadn't seen, so it was still fresh to me.
                              Space Cop
                              The Dandy
                              Last edited by Space Cop; 04-30-2019, 01:30 PM.

Comment

• Gringo (2018)

Comment

Working...
                                X