• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gantz:O (2016)

"What you don't know, is that I was on the ping pong team in college!"

Happy Death Day 2U (2019)

"Why did you hit my penis?"

Not only a sequel that's pretty much as good as the original, but it really compliments it too.

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
    I'm very sure that TCM was the first one I saw, late at night on a mini-TV/radio my family had. It was so weird I couldn't even comprehend that it was supposed to be a horror film.
    My experience with TCM:NG was seeing the cover at Palmer Video and thinking "Leatherface is a cross dresser?" Later, I learned that's an element even in the first movie. After seeing one or two of the earlier entries, I caught a few minutes of this strange slasher comedy with Renee Zellweger on late-night cable and really wanted to see more, but didn't figure out what it was til later.
    Space Cop
    The Dandy
    Last edited by Space Cop; 10-12-2019, 10:46 PM.

Comment

• Bride Of Frankenstein (1935)

Comment

• Interview with the Vampire (1994)

"Vampires pretending to be humans pretending to be vampires.
        -How avant-garde."

This movie turned 25 last night. I debated skipping it because I'm in danger of overwatching it, but it's still a favorite and it seemed a significant anniversary to 'celebrate.'

The Head Incident (1999)

"Yo, Bob, wanna come?
        -Where you going; the liquor store?"

Early film from James Rolfe. Arguably a short film, but at 52 mins, that depends on who you ask.

Comment

• I'm pretty sure I had that exact dummy as a Christmas gift.

I also have the urge to try out this limited-time spiced Kraken rum.
          Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Parasite (1982)

"I hate liars!"

An early Charles Band post-apocalyptic flick. A pre-fame Demi Moore guest stars and rocker Cherie Currie plays one of the punk gang that is infected by the titular bio-weapon.

Ed Wood (1994)

"Why if I had half a chance, I could make an entire movie using this stock footage."

Watched this for the 95th anniversary of Edward D. Wood Jr.'s birth, but earlier in the week the movie itself turned 25.

I'm pretty sure I had that exact dummy as a Christmas gift. . .
            It looks like the one in Goosebumps.
            Space Cop
            The Dandy
            Last edited by Space Cop; 10-15-2019, 02:10 PM.

Comment

• The Sisters Brothers (2018)

Comment

• Cujo (1983)

"There are no real monsters.
                -Except for the one in my closet."

Alligator (1980)

"Don't understand me so quick."

R.I.P. Robert Forster. When I was little, the pool attack scared me and for a while I checked any pool I jumped in just to be sure. As it turned out, the director was the same as Cujo and the one I'll watch Monday (Cat's Eye), but that wasn't the purpose:
                Space Cop
                The Dandy
                Last edited by Space Cop; 10-15-2019, 04:27 PM.

Comment

• Bohemian Rhapsody (2018)

Comment

• Cat's Eye (1985)

"Polly got in one good peck before that cat killed her. Good for Polly!
                    -I certainly never realized that Polly had such a big pecker."

Puppet Master (1989)

"I am not a cynic, Frank! I like to think of myself as a nasty b**ch."

I'm trying to watch all horror/spooky-type flicks in October. I'll probably have to make some exceptions (already did the first couple days for logistical reasons), but fortunately this 30th anniversary still fit the bill.
                    Space Cop
                    The Dandy
                    Last edited by Space Cop; 10-15-2019, 10:21 PM.

Comment

• Semi-Pro (2008)

"Everybody panic! Oh my God, there's a bear loose in the coliseum! There will be no refunds! Your refund will be escaping this deathtrap with your life! If you have a small child, use it as a shield! They love the tender meat! Cover your sodas! Dewie loves sugar!"

(I wanted the speech Monix gives to Coffee about never learning to play, but IMDB didn't fucking have it)

A struggling basketball team puts it all on the line to earn a spot on the shortlist for getting into the NBA. Shit happens in the meantime.

I thought this was pretty funny (and at times emotional), and my dad found it somewhat amusing (even though he dislikes Will Ferrell). I liked Woody Harrelson's character as a rebounding vet who actually gives a damn about the game, and I found Josh Braaten's Twiggy to be oddly likable. Arnett, Daly, and Richter were hilarious supports (and the teamplay between Arnett and Daly was great).

That one Spurs player (Pat Kilbane) was such a bastard, but so familiar. Well, I didn't recognize him as fast as I should have, but he was a regular on Mad TV, which I was fanatically as a kid.

The ending was great. Highly recommend.

Comment

• The Disappointments Room (2016)

"Lucky for you people around here like to gossip."

Disappointing.

Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation (2018)

"It's our children; run!"

My full-moon werewolf flick.
                        Some cool deep references here like the carpet in the main hall matching the carpet in room 237 of The Shining.
                        Space Cop
                        The Dandy
                        Last edited by Space Cop; 10-17-2019, 02:38 AM.

Comment

• ...How the hell is Wayne's wife still pregnant? It's been three damn films.

Comment

• The Roost (2005)

"This is lame."

The Shape of Water (2017)

"I look in the mirror and the only thing I recognize, are these eyes. In this old man's face."

...How the hell is Wayne's wife still pregnant? It's been three damn films.
                            It's like a running gag with Wanda and Wayne. There's even more kids including a new little girl. It's different pregnancies.
                            Space Cop
                            The Dandy
                            Last edited by Space Cop; 10-17-2019, 01:29 PM.

Comment

• Yo.

Zombieland 2, and I'll use this img to make a fine point:

.....and that point is that whoever put this sequel together just decided that they would do as little as possible involving these characters moving them forward 10yrs later, even tho Breslin is _clearly_ not the runt that she used to be. I'm so glad I bootlegged this film, cuz if I'd paid $$$ like I had planned to, Id have been royally pissed (altho I gotta be honest: the "Day Zero" bit w/B. Murray *was* entertaining.)

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                              Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• Dracula 2000

"I never drink ... coffee."

This is not a great one (mind you, I've seen many worse vamp flix too) and as a Rice fan, it's pretty funny how much they crib from Interview, but I still have a bit of a soft spot for it.

MST3K: Hobgoblins (1988/1998)

"Can you catch a venereal disease from a movie?"

Originally posted by Tazer View Post
                                ...I'm so glad I bootlegged this film, cuz if I'd paid $$$ like I had planned to, Id have been royally pissed (altho I gotta be honest: the "Day Zero" bit w/B. Murray *was* entertaining.)
                                Good to know. Will wait for Netflix.
                                Space Cop
                                The Dandy
                                Last edited by Space Cop; 10-21-2019, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X