Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gamer Thread Vol. 5 (General Gaming News & Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chosenone85 View Post
    Why should I have to wait for an ultimate edition when they should just release a complete game in the beginning. The DLC characters are always finished, and are stored away on the original disk.
    And it's something that won't be going away anytime soon either, as it's a practice that benefits both the producer/developer and the retailers.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

Why should I have to wait for an ultimate edition when they should just release a complete game in the beginning. The DLC characters are always finished, and are stored away on the original disk.
      its just the way it is sadly. im just like you but they arent going to stop the dlc or pre order bonus because we want them to. to much money is involved with it
      .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
        And it's something that won't be going away anytime soon either, as it's a practice that benefits both the producer/developer and the retailers.
        Oh I know, which is why I am very selective on what publishers I purchase from in this day and age.

Comment

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
          its just the way it is sadly. im just like you but they arent going to stop the dlc or pre order bonus because we want them to. to much money is involved with it
          if we stop following suit and buying it they will be forced to stop doing so. instead of always saying "shut up and take my money" when some preorder bonus is announced.

Comment

Oh I know, which is why I am very selective on what publishers I purchase from in this day and age.
            every publisher is doing it. its not like dlc is just exclusive to one publisher.

i mean shit id kill to have fighting games go back to the way they use to be where you have to put in the hours and grind work to unlock everything. we live in a day and age where gamers are just lazy to do the work and just pay the money to have it.

youd think with the amount of time they spend playing on xbox live or play station online they could take some of that time to put into unlocking stuff.

hell man i wish the whole fighting game genre would get over hauled a bit because a game like mortal kombat to me can utilize a bigger arcade ladder of say 30 stages with 15 of them being stage fatalities. id also love for nrs to bring back the klassic four leveled ladders like easy, novice, hard , immortal.

Comment

• Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
              every publisher is doing it. its not like dlc is just exclusive to one publisher.

i mean shit id kill to have fighting games go back to the way they use to be where you have to put in the hours and grind work to unlock everything. we live in a day and age where gamers are just lazy to do the work and just pay the money to have it.

youd think with the amount of time they spend playing on xbox live or play station online they could take some of that time to put into unlocking stuff.

hell man i wish the whole fighting game genre would get over hauled a bit because a game like mortal kombat to me can utilize a bigger arcade ladder of say 30 stages with 15 of them being stage fatalities. id also love for nrs to bring back the klassic four leveled ladders like easy, novice, hard , immortal.
              That's false actually, there are plenty of developers that handle DLC perfectly fine.

Comment

That's false actually, there are plenty of developers that handle DLC perfectly fine.
                im just saying the dlc thing over all to me is a hit and miss. sure a company like rockstar knows what there doing but you have other companies like ea and wb ( who owns neather realm) who really dont give a shit and will milk it todeath.

thats why i have so many fears about ea owning the star wars games license because you know there going to put a price tag on every little thing wich is idiotic.

if wb and nrs really want to do something special with dlc and have fans express interest in it introduce additional story chapters to mk x's story mode. rockstar did it with gta 4 so its not impossible. that way they can introduce other kharachters along with additional story.

oh and please for the love of god nrs stick with a canon because the arcade endings need to be because i really want liu kang to be the baddie after mk 9

TazzMission
                Guardian of the Universe
                Last edited by TazzMission; 09-05-2014, 03:15 PM.

Comment

• No, every publisher is not doing it. Some release Free DLC. Take Sony and Sucker Punch for example. Infamous Second Son had free DLC skins, missions, etc. The only thing that was "Paid" DLC was a stand alone Story Mode that was developed after the initial release of the game.

The only companies that really have paid DLC like costumes and characters are Activision, EA, and WB.

Comment

• Capcom is another culprit of shitty DLC/pre-order bullshit.

Comment

Capcom is another culprit of shitty DLC/pre-order bullshit.
                      Totally forgot about CRAPcom

Comment

...and that's what I hate about today's games. If I pay $50 (or more) for a damn game, everything should already be in it. I shouldn't have to pay extra for downloadable content that should have been in the game in the first place.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sylent_Asassin View Post
                          ...and that's what I hate about today's games. If I pay $50 (or more) for a damn game, everything should already be in it. I shouldn't have to pay extra for downloadable content that should have been in the game in the first place.
                          with all the new crap there adding to consoles im just waiting for the day they make like a lazy boy shitter and a mini fridge to go along with the next next next generation consoles.

i was going to buy a ps4 or xboxone but than i remembered mkx will be on 360 so ill just get the 360 version.

Comment

• They say he was removed from Mortal Kombat Gold but I hope he can actually make his return

hornbuckle

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                              I've never played K&L, but since I've played through Absolution several times, I know exactly who you are talking about.

BTW: did you play that level both ways? You can beat her shooting or there's a way to steal your Silverballers back (I can tell you how if it doesn't seem obvious).

You can also break out to the shooting range and find some cool weapons in a trench, but since you can't take them with you, there's not a lot of point to that.
                              I tried like hell to beat her, but could never even come close (I admit I was aiming for the body instead of the head on the targets, which nets less points by far).

I would just knock McGarmond out, take his keycard, and explore. Found a fair few things, too. The contest is too tricky for me, so I'm not gonna bother with it (though it was fun getting the Ultramax and just gunning down a bunch of the other shooters in a stupid killing frenzy once).

Also shot the fuse on the cannon and watched it blast apart the water tower in the background.

When I was doing the play style challenges, for Gunslinger, I grabbed the Mustang Snub by the front doors, shot the clerk, and hid upstairs. You need to kill 15 dudes in one life with a revolver, which is harder to do than it sounds since revolvers don't have much ammo lying around (you can stock at 60 in the gun shop). So Birdie's Gift is the only real level to do it on.
                              Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Yeah, it took me a while to beat her shooting score. It was eventually a matter of picking the gun that worked best for me and getting the rhythm down, but on the last two replays I didn't even want to bother so I just stole them.

Comment

Working...
                                X