Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gamer Thread Vol. 5 (General Gaming News & Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
    I'm 95% sure Microsoft hired people to applaud in the audience.
    Late getting to this thread but as for the Xbox reveal, Adam Sessler was there in the room. He tweeted

So yeah more than likely those were MS plants to make noise for the show.

Darth_Andrea

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Andrea View Post
      Late getting to this thread but as for the Xbox reveal, Adam Sessler was there in the room. He tweeted

So yeah more than likely those were MS plants to make noise for the show.

Darth_Andrea

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
        Or the old point-and-click adventures. I enjoyed those a lot.
        Star Trek Starfleet Academy and Klingon Academy, while suffering from FMV hell issues were still really good games. As was Star Trek Borg, Star Trek Deep Space Nine Dominion War, as well as Star Trek Invasion for the PS1 from Activision.

See I just listed 5 Good games, while stand alone stories are still Tie-in's technically as they use actors voices, likenesses and in the case of the 2 academy games and the Borg game actually filmed actors, Named actors live action for cutscenes or FMV interactive gameplay.

Darth_Andrea

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Andrea View Post
          Star Trek Starfleet Academy and Klingon Academy, while suffering from FMV hell issues were still really good games. As was Star Trek Borg, Star Trek Deep Space Nine Dominion War, as well as Star Trek Invasion for the PS1 from Activision.

See I just listed 5 Good games, while stand alone stories are still Tie-in's technically as they use actors voices, likenesses and in the case of the 2 academy games and the Borg game actually filmed actors, Named actors live action for cutscenes or FMV interactive gameplay.

Darth_Andrea
          I would say it's time to make another one, eh? I could get Invasion, but I'm not sure how much I'd fire up the ol PS2 to play a PS1 game. Maybe. Thanks for the recs, though.

Comment

• Here is a look at the 1st training mission in the Invasion game. remember this is a PS1 game but it still looks really good.

+ YouTube Video
            ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
            ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Darth_Andrea

Comment

• + YouTube Video

It keeps repeating after awhile, because the person playing is so dumb. Plus they talk too much, but atleast you get to see the game running.

Can't wait for this, pretty much going to be Remake 2, and that's a very good thing.

THE MEN CALLED STING

Comment

• E3: Deadpool First Impressions
                I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank Castle View Post
                  + YouTube Video

It keeps repeating after awhile, because the person playing is so dumb. Plus they talk too much, but atleast you get to see the game running.

Can't wait for this, pretty much going to be Remake 2, and that's a very good thing.
                  So damn stoked for this. I might end up getting a whole new sound system for my PC for it.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                    My understanding, though, is that it doesn't mean you have to be connected every minute you play.
                    You're only allowed to play games offline (no connection) for 1 hour before the Xbone locks up and doesn't let you play anymore games. There are plenty of people, including the guy on a sub mentioned in the article, to whom Microsoft is giving a Mt. Rushmore-sized middle finger to by doing this.

They're living in a warped fantasy world where you can fairly easily get a connection pretty much anywhere, and that just isn't the case.
                    Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Rainbow 6: Patriots is now a next-gen game, meaning I'll be grabbing it on a respectable system like the PS4.
                      Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Gears of War creator thinks used games are bad:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...-is-Playing-Us

Comment

• Nothing Cliffy B. says is relevant anymore. Dude is a big ass hole.

Comment

• Yo.

Originally posted by Orion Pax View Post
                            Gears of War creator thinks used games are bad:

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news...-is-Playing-Us
                            funny he should say that: were it not for used games, Id never have played GoW2.

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                            Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                              You're only allowed to play games offline (no connection) for 1 hour before the Xbone locks up and doesn't let you play anymore games.
                              The one hour limit is only if you log into your account on a friend's xbone. If you're playing at home, you can go a whopping 24 hours before the system has to call daddy.
                              This is obviously so that you can't sell a game to a Microsoft licensed store (which deletes it from your games even if it's still installed on your xbone) and continue playing it. Also, the hard disc doesn't have limitless space so the nude photos the kinect made of you and your friends when the console was in standby will have to be uploaded to the Microsoft servers in regular intervals.
                              They're living in a warped fantasy world where you can fairly easily get a connection pretty much anywhere, and that just isn't the case.
                              Oh, they know that. They just don't care. Which is why they made a list of all the countries where Xbone will be sold. All other countries (including Japan, Korea, China and some of the smaller European nations) won't be able to get one.

Microsoft's gaming branch is like a beheaded chicken. It's still running around aimlessly, but it won't be long before it's over.

Comment

• TBH the XBOX ONE seems heavily marketed towards America only (and even that is only certain parts). I'm not surprised they're skipping a bunch of countries. You people in poorer parts of the world will just have to buy a 360, and that's the bottom line because stone cold Microsoft said so.

Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
                                So damn stoked for this. I might end up getting a whole new sound system for my PC for it.
                                Yeah that's cool, hopefully with my new card I will be able to run that sucker in 1080p too. Since it's using a modified Rage engine, I think, I should be good to go.

Originally posted by chosenone85 View Post
                                Nothing Cliffy B. says is relevant anymore. Dude is a big ass hole.
                                I used to like the guy, but since he left the industry he keeps coming out with bs statements like this.
                                Frank Castle
                                Alpha-Lantern
                                Last edited by Frank Castle; 06-14-2013, 10:29 AM.

THE MEN CALLED STING

Comment

Working...
                                X