Mister.Weirdo's Memorial Thread For Those Who Will NOT Be Down For Breakfast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.latimes.com/entertainmen...s-founder-dies

Bob Biggs, a larger-than-life Los Angeles entrepreneur and painter who harnessed the energy of the Los Angeles punk scene to create the essential independent label Slash Records, died on Saturday, due to complications from Lewy body dementia. He was 74.

His death was confirmed by his wife, Kim Champagne Biggs.

Founded in 1978 as an extension of a successful punk magazine, Slash delivered to the national stage bands including X, Los Lobos, Germs, the Blasters, Misfits, Violent Femmes, Faith No More, L7 and dozens more.

Comment

• https://www.usatoday.com/story/enter...62/5992439002/

Tony Lewis, singer and bassist of English rock band The Outfield, died at age 62.

He died "suddenly and unexpectedly" on Monday near London, according to a statement from publicist Bari Lieberman.

The Outfield formed in 1984 and remained active for about three decades. Their hits included “Your Love,” “All the Love” and “Say It Isn’t So.” “Your Love” peaked at No. 6 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1986.

Comment

• https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-54619718

Spencer Davis, one of the key figures of the 1960s beat scene, has died at the age of 81.

The Welsh guitarist was the driving force behind The Spencer Davis Group, who scored transatlantic hits with Keep On Running and Somebody Help Me.

The band, which also featured a teenage Stevie Winwood, toured with The Who and The Rolling Stones in the 60s.

Davis died in hospital on Monday, while being treated for pneumonia, his agent told the BBC.

Comment

• Damn, that really hurts to hear.
          Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• All the rock stars are getting OLD, and nobody has replaced them.

Comment

• https://web.randi.org/home/james-randi-has-died

We are very sad to say that James Randi passed away yesterday, due to age-related causes.

He had an Amazing life. We will miss him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
                https://web.randi.org/home/james-randi-has-died

We are very sad to say that James Randi passed away yesterday, due to age-related causes.

He had an Amazing life. We will miss him.
                He did a great service in exposing so many "paranormal" frauds. Well done, sir.

Comment

• https://www.nytimes.com/2020/10/21/s...nytimesscience

At the C.D.C., Dr. J. Michael Lane waged a 13-year campaign to vanquish smallpox, which had ravaged the world for centuries. Victory came in 1977. He has died at 84.

Comment

• https://abc13.com/jerry-jeff-walker-...scamp/7299725/

Jerry Jeff Walker, the vagabonding gonzo musician known as one of the founding fathers of modern Texas country music, has died, according to multiple music sources familiar with the singer.

While Walker was familiar to Texans as the purveyor of the Lukenbach sound, he was known wider as the writer of the 1968 song, "Mr. Bojangles," a tune he penned after meeting a homeless street performer while in a New Orleans jail cell for public intoxication.

Comment

• https://variety.com/2020/tv/obituari...er-1234814871/

William Blinn, the two-time Emmy-winning screenwriter of “Brian’s Song” and “Roots,” died on Thursday, his daughter Anneliese Johnson confirmed to Variety. He was 83.

Blinn died of natural causes at an assisted living community in Burbank, Calif, according to his daughter.

Comment

• We lost a big one (and my favorite as a kid). R.I.P.

Sean Connery: James Bond actor dies aged 90

Sir Sean Connery has died at the age of 90, his family has said.

The Scottish actor was best known for his portrayal of James Bond, being the first to bring the role to the big screen and appearing in seven of the spy thrillers.

Sir Sean died peacefully in his sleep, while in the Bahamas, having been "unwell for some time", his son said.

His acting career spanned decades and won an Oscar in 1988 for his role as an Irish cop in The Untouchables.

Sir Sean's other films included The Hunt for Red October, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade and The Rock.

Jason Connery said his father "had many of his family who could be in the Bahamas around him" when he died overnight.

He said: "We are all working at understanding this huge event as it only happened so recently, even though my dad has been unwell for some time.

"A sad day for all who knew and loved my dad and a sad loss for all people around the world who enjoyed the wonderful gift he had as an actor."

Sir Sean was largely regarded as being the best actor to have played 007 in the long-running franchise, often being named as such in polls.

He was knighted by the Queen at Holyrood Palace in 2000. In August, he celebrated his 90th birthday.

He was a long-time supporter of Scottish independence, saying in interviews in the run-up to the 2014 referendum that he might return from his Bahamas home to live in Scotland if it voted to break away from the rest of the UK.

Scotland's First Minister Nicola Sturgeon said: "I was heartbroken to learn this morning of the passing of Sir Sean Connery. Our nation today mourns one of her best loved sons."
                        Space Cop
                        The Dandy
                        Last edited by Space Cop; 10-31-2020, 01:23 PM.

Comment

• Massive news. What an incredible career he had. He managed to overcome the shadow of bond in his later years and become an awesome elderly actor in his own right. Rest in peace Sir Sean Connery.

Comment

• If any of you haven't seen The Man Who Would Be King, with Sean Connery and Michael Caine, drop whatever you're doing and watch it. John Huston had wanted to make it many years earlier with Clark Gable and Humphrey Bogart, but he said that Connery and Caine did better in it that they would have.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                              We lost a big one (and my favorite as a kid). R.I.P.

Sean Connery: James Bond actor dies aged 90

I never got into james bond but man oh man 2020 sucks . Rip to a true legend
                              .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
                                If any of you haven't seen The Man Who Would Be King, with Sean Connery and Michael Caine, drop whatever you're doing and watch it. John Huston had wanted to make it many years earlier with Clark Gable and Humphrey Bogart, but he said that Connery and Caine did better in it that they would have.

That is a good one. My family and I are actually going to watch Outland, which itself is a sci-fi remake of High Noon. I wanted something that could kind of still fit my Halloween theme and this seemed closest. My next choice would've been Marnie, which I think is one of Hitchcock's most underrated works.

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                                I never got into james bond but man oh man 2020 sucks . Rip to a true legend
                                He was in so much great stuff apart from Bond, though. He's also in my favorite movie (or at least what I still officially list as my favorite)---Highlander.

Space Cop
                                The Dandy
                                Last edited by Space Cop; 10-31-2020, 08:57 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X