This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
    Does it? Sucker Punch was knocked for not having any substance and GL is mostly knocked for being boring for 20mins.
    Yeah they share the issue that the way they are cut they don't flow well. The editing in both are pretty bad.

Green since 1974!

Comment

• Originally posted by Medphyll View Post
      I think Citizen Kane should get a director's cut, even though the director is dead. Also Freddie Got Fingered was butchered by the press, it deserves a DC. Every movie should get at least five cuts, like Ridley Scott does it. And that movie that Lucille Ball & Ricky Ricardo made that was just like I Love Lucy but wasn't, that should get a director's cut. Maybe we can have the director cut the movie in front of us & we can vote on scenes & the scenes that get the most votes are what get onto BR. I also think the Bible needs a director's cut (man they left the best bits out, ever read the apocrypha??) & maybe Omega Man plus that sword and sorcery movie from the 1980's with the McNicol kid in it...director's cuts for everyone!!!
      Once again, I sense mockery, but unfocused, irrelevant. It SEEMS to be equating anybody's desire for a Director's Cut of ANYTHING with a desire to make changes to every movie ever made, classic or not, even if the Director has no input.

Perhaps we need a Director's Cut of Wizard of Oz, but this time with a bigger strawman?
      Mister Ed
      Horse of a Different Color
      Last edited by Mister Ed; 06-23-2011, 07:13 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lantern54 View Post
        Yeah they share the issue that the way they are cut they don't flow well. The editing in both are pretty bad.
        And the funny thing is, they were done by the same studio (get what I'm saying).

Comment

What about what what I said about Sucker Punch? That movie has a lot of the same issues as GL and it's getting a Director's Cut.
          Originally posted by InterestingJohn View Post
          That's actually a good sign, because Sucker Punch was another WB movie that under-performed at the B.O.
          it's probably because snyder likes doing directors cuts... ie watchmen

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
            And the funny thing is, they were done by the same studio (get what I'm saying).
            Yup, they need to get their shit straight over there.

Green since 1974!

Comment

Yup, they need to get their shit straight over there.
              Warner Brothers needed to get there shit straight a long time ago, and they still haven't.

Comment

Warner Brothers needed to get there shit straight a long time ago, and they still haven't.
                Omigod!! I have a solution for this!! Check out the Numbers Thread!!!

Comment

• Out of 77,000+ Rotten Tomato audience members, 59% liked it and the average rating is 3.4/5. Everything points to this being an average and forgettable movie.

Green since 1974!

Comment

• I'm talking about there Superhero movies unless they're done by Nolan, they seem to reak of studio interference. And sometimes it's quality over quantity.

Comment

I'm talking about there Superhero movies unless they're done by Nolan, they seem to reak of studio interference. And sometimes it's quality over quantity.
                      I think what they should do is put back in every single second of footage & release it as a 9 hour trilogy. The "ultimate super director's cut."

Comment

Out of 77,000+ Rotten Tomato audience members, 59% liked it and the average rating is 3.4/5. Everything points to this being an average and forgettable movie.
                        yeah but isn't that a lot better then where it was heading

Comment

• Don't forget the B for Cinemascore.

Comment

• so looks to me like it made a strong come back with general audiences

Comment

• I can only hope!

Comment

• just a couple of spritzes here and there. seems to be some weeds coming up.
                                I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X