This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Big Daddy Dave View Post
    Maybe he'll be onboard when the time comes. Or not. I can deal with him if he reprises the role, but the Earth cast needs to go. And by Earth cast, I mean Carol and Pieface. Hal's family is fine, but I'm sure they'd be recast anyway with the nephew being too old by that point. Keep the Guardians and the other GLs. Mark Strong was the best thing about the GL film.
    Hal’s family was barely in the first film.

Comment

• I honestly don't care if there is a DC movie universe. I don't watch Young Justice hoping it ties into old Static Shock episodes. While it would be nice, I think we all would prefer if we just got a good movie PERIOD. Heavens help them if they actually make this fucking Lobo movie, but I would hope at the very least its good and anything more than that is a plus.

When I go see Man of Steel, it won't be to find some link to GL or a broader superhero universe, it'll be because it looks amazing and I really really like the people involved. Take this one film at a time. We have to remember that Marvel had it easier. They were a small studio looking to sell their properties to anyone who would pay and it worked out. WB has a system of checks and balances and its made them successful for quite a number of years. Who the hell are we to say they don't have good intentions?

Comment

• I agree ... mostly. Continuity shouldn't be their main concern. On the other hand, if they did JL and the Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman (assuming this happens), and GL all bore no resemblance to their previous movies, I think audiences would be frustrated, especially since Marvel has set them up to believe in the shared universe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaolinlantern View Post
          True story, you can find this statement on case number BC459034, in the Superior Court of the State of California, County of Los Angeles
          Getting back to the lawsuit for a moment. Here's a good summary of the issues:

http://www.law360.com/articles/39203...nt-injury-suit

First and foremost, this is a typical lawsuit, in which the attorneys are seeking the deep pockets. I'm surprised they didn't include the manufacturer of the van in the suit.

Second, this is a worker's compensation issue, with the State of California as a silent party. The business of being a stunt man in the movies has a long and interesting history.

Third, this happens all the time, and will have little to no effect on the future of movies, except that producers/production companies may be pressured by Warner to let the stunt people do their jobs and set up the stunts properly.

And as to the future of DC heroes in films, it's Superman and Batman, because that's what sells. Has anybody checked out the DVD racks lately? Superman reruns. Batman reruns. Engage the kids in the World's Finest. The others follow afterward. Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Flash, all the others are supporting characters. That's why the Justice League was started the way it was...with minimal Superman and Batman involvement, but just enough to get the new consumers to bite.

Bring on the Man of Steel. With a trouble-free premiere. Then we'll see.

The power of will is found at the deepest level of your being. It's more than mere rules. It's a duty that you must honor.

Comment

• David Goyer Says How He Would Do Green Lantern

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/con...-green-lantern
            - Twitter

- Cosmic Book News

Comment

• He also did Blade: Trinity so fuck that.

Comment

• Originally posted by SocializingMogo View Post
                He also did Blade: Trinity so fuck that.
                I like Blade: Trinity. Hey, it's popcorn fodder but I find it fun. I like their take on Hannibal King (and the Night Stalkers in general). Parker Posey was sexy-cute and Beals was hot. The scene in the vampire store was clever (surprising no one thought of it in years of vamp movies). Actually, the thing that bothers me most in that movie is when Beals-Whistler listens to loud music on her iPod during a fight. That's just tactically stupid to purposely take out one of your senses in a life-or-death fight.

Comment

• they would have to change things across the entire movie. another thing how does everyone say that mark strong was the best part in the movie shouldn't you have to have more then 10 minutes worth of appearances before you can be the "best"

Comment

• That should be a credit to him then. He managed to be better than half the things in that movie while only being on screen a total of 15 minutes.
                    I LOVE conspiracy theorists. They are like human versions of the cymbal clapping, dancing monkeys. No one takes them all that seriously and they get bored with them after about 10 minutes.

Comment

• Originally posted by havik View Post
                      they would have to change things across the entire movie. another thing how does everyone say that mark strong was the best part in the movie shouldn't you have to have more then 10 minutes worth of appearances before you can be the "best"
                      Tell that to Anne Hathaway's Oscar.

Comment

• Originally posted by SocializingMogo View Post
                        He also did Blade: Trinity so fuck that.
                        Wait, it's cool to hate Blade Trinity now?
                        The last fan of 1990s comics
                        Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

• I'd like it if they just left the continuity ambiguous. Don't show Hal's origin and don't mention anything that happened in the first film. I mean the Batman Returns only even mentioned the first Batman in a sentence. If they decide to recast (which they probably will), fine. If not, that's fine too.
                          MEH

Comment

• the best way too continue would be have the after credit scene with sinestro be the opening scene to the film have it be like a training scene where is trying outthe new ring. then have him return home inflicting terror have the gl's go after him and they imprison him but somewhere along the way he had more rings built and you the sinestro corp come to free him and end with a massive battle on oa

Comment

• Originally posted by Gray Lantern View Post
                              I'd like it if they just left the continuity ambiguous. Don't show Hal's origin and don't mention anything that happened in the first film. I mean the Batman Returns only even mentioned the first Batman in a sentence. If they decide to recast (which they probably will), fine. If not, that's fine too.
                              Bingo. Just like The Incredible Hulk.

Easy title for a new film? The Green Lantern Corps.
                              The last fan of 1990s comics
                              Read my Green Lantern blog The Indigo Tribe

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
                                Tell that to Anne Hathaway's Oscar.
                                Yeah! someone took a shot at Hathaway! lol
                                Take life with a Grain of salt and a shot of tequila!

Comment

Working...
                                X