This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
    Where have you been living? Under a rock? It’s been cool to hate Blade Trinity ever since it came out.
    I love the Blade Trilogy. Ok, maybe not Blade II, but I love Blade, like Blade Trinity a lot, and love the TV series.
    Originally posted by IonFan
    (even if the ear sucking helped get me off faster)
    Originally posted by Big Daddy Caesar
    If I had things like the internet and a laptop as a kid, I never would have left my room as a teenager.
    Originally posted by Quaker
    I am the Geoff Johns of the GLCMB.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Primus View Post
      Yeah, but the thing about those types of answers is that it may be false hope. I rather have someone be bruttally honest and say there are no foreseeable plans for another Green Lantern, now move along, than feeling like some kind of jackass trying to bite into a dangling carrot.

Sure, but which of those do you think the companies responsible for making the carrots would rather you were?

The trick (from their point of view) is to avoid dashing your hopes entirely. They aren't likely to tell you that all your hopes are in vain until they think that they have another way to keep you on the hook. They don't want you wandering off entirely. Better to keep your hopes going until either a.) they actually DO have something to fulfill them or b.) they have something ELSE that they think they can redirect those hopes to.

Comment

• Basically, all he said was GL is not dead in the movies. That doesn't mean sequel or reboot. It doesn't even mean (as the interviewer took it) that Reynolds will appear in Justice League. It should, however, mean that at the least a GL will pop up in JL if nothing else. Unless he's outright lying.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
          Basically, all he said was GL is not dead in the movies. That doesn't mean sequel or reboot. It doesn't even mean (as the interviewer took it) that Reynolds will appear in Justice League. It should, however, mean that at the least a GL will pop up in JL if nothing else. Unless he's outright lying.
          See, that's the thing... Johns DOES lie! Or did you all forget the big "reveal" in the back pages of the GL comics of "Movie Parallax" back before the movie came out?

And WHERE is this menacing-looking, truer to the comics Fear Entity in the final film?!? NOWHERE, because in his place, we got the being I like to call "Kronallax"!

Comment

• Exclusive: Johns, Snyder, Goyer Part Of DC Movies Creative Team; More On Green Lantern 2, Ryan Reynolds & Justice League Updates

If true, then this is what I assumed would be happening. Keep Ryan Reynolds for name recognition and audience appeal and small to no references to the first movie.
            COLLECTED EDITIONS READING ORDER LISTS

Comment

• Seemed like a lot of "ifs" and interpretation in that article. I don't see anything to really say that they ARE doing another GL. Other than the nebulous "plans" referenced by Johns, which could mean anything, or nothing really.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                Seemed like a lot of "ifs" and interpretation in that article. I don't see anything to really say that they ARE doing another GL. Other than the nebulous "plans" referenced by Johns, which could mean anything, or nothing really.
                There was no mention of a GL sequel only that in JL they seem to think Ryan Reynolds will be back. The assumption would be if JL is a blockbuster than a GL sequel would be done. Since its a rumor it always has to be taken with a grain of salt but I do like the idea of not all spin-off movies relying on JL for their story.

Comment

• I wouldn't trust Cosmic with a penny I found in the parking lot.

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
                    I wouldn't trust Cosmic with a penny I found in the parking lot.
                    Dude, one of our members works for them. Little diplomacy.

Comment

• Nah. Its not a personal thing, its just logical. Its not the entire site, I'm sure of that. Someone over there recently interviewed Brad Walker, and that's legit. However when a site starts running clear hit mongering articles that people in the industry go out of their way to deem "ABSOLUTE BULLSHIT", you tend to lose a lot of credibility.

Stig is free to continue posting here and all members are free to continue reading and posting their links. As I am just as free to say that it is more than likely their DC movie exclusive news is absolute b.s.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ch'psAcorn View Post
                        Exclusive: Johns, Snyder, Goyer Part Of DC Movies Creative Team; More On Green Lantern 2, Ryan Reynolds & Justice League Updates

If true, then this is what I assumed would be happening. Keep Ryan Reynolds for name recognition and audience appeal and small to no references to the first movie.
                        What audience appeal does Reynolds have? His most successful films (Safe House, Proposal) aren't because of him, but because of his co-stars.

He's not a draw at all. All of his solo leading roles have failed at the box office, and I don’t even hate the guy but it’s a fact.

Comment

What audience appeal does Reynolds have? His most successful films (Safe House, Proposal) aren't because of him, but because of his co-stars.

He's not a draw at all. All of his solo leading roles have failed at the box office, and I don’t even hate the guy but it’s a fact.
                          I certainly didn't go to see The Proposal for Sandra Bullock, I mean, she's pretty good, but he was clearly the funnier of the two, IMHO.

Comment

Just because his films aren't blockbusters doesn't mean he doesn't have a following and fan appeal. I can guarantee the general audience recognizes the name Ryan Reyolds over Chris Evans and Chris Hemsworth. Van Wilder, Waiting, and The Proposal were pretty popular. His sex appeal alone to the ladies means he doesn't have to be in any great movies to be popular.

And while he was better than Bullock in The Proposal...Betty White stole the show.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ch'psAcorn View Post
                              And while he was better than Bullock in The Proposal...Betty White stole the show.
                              True story bro!

Comment

• Ryan Reynolds: Still Not a Movie Star

Comment

Working...
                                X