This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ethan Van Sciver View Post
    Moose is my colorist, and any problems between him and anyone are irrelevant. Moose Baumann is coloring FLASH.
    Ah, I see. Well, my excitement for Flash: Rebirth just jumped even more. Thanks you for answering my question, Mr. Van Sciver.

Comment

• Originally posted by JME2 View Post
      Ah, I see. Well, my excitement for Flash: Rebirth just jumped even more. Thanks you for answering my question, Mr. Van Sciver.
      I've always said Geoff +Ethan x Moose = AWESOMENESS!
      My Ketogenic Journey

Comment

• Originally posted by W.West View Post
        Why would you do that to me?!! Why?!

Are you saying Geoff will be staying on? Do you know who the unfortunate guy that has to follow you/and or Geoff(on Flash) will be?
        I hope Ethan doesn't get in any trouble for me letting this slip, but I can exclusively reveal that I will be following on from Mr. Van Sciver, taking up the art duties for the new "Flash" ongoing. I can now reveal, exclusively for thegreenlanterncorps.com, a preview of my art for the new #1 of "The Flash", due after Ethan & Geoff wrap up "Rebirth":

Comment

• With such detailed art like that are you gonna be able to keep a monthly schedule KS?, because if not i'm sure DC can assign you a back-up artist that will make sure it comes out on time oh wait no they can't.
          "If at first you don't succeed, try Kyle again!".

Comment

I'm a zombie fanatic, and have a large zombie dvd collection. My favorites are the 28 Days/Weeks franchise, Dawn of the Dead (the remake), Shaun of the Dead, DeadAlive, and I suppose Cemetery Man. There are lots of enjoyable but terrible zombie films, but those are the actually good ones.
            I'm a huge zombie fanatic. And what the heck... I don't see any Romero movies in your listing there, sir! Or any Fulci, for that matter... (on another note I think it was just this week in the trades Boyle is discussing 28 Months Later, and not dismissing the prospect of directing).

I'm not a diehard loyalist of the original Dawn of the Dead (I do love the remake, for different reasons and as a completely different film) but damned if that doesn't still creep me out/captivate me every time I see it. And little by little I think Romero's Day of the Dead has managed to eclipse it in my book, too... truly disturbing, in that cool way. Not terribly impressed by Romero's latest offering, Land of the Dead, but it seems a logical progression from Day of the Dead and it was just good geeky fun to see him at the helm again. Haven't seen Diary yet.

More questions...

1) I know it's been said that it doesn't matter if the dead resurrectee left behind a corpse or not in being inducted into the Black Lantern Corps. On that note, can you say at all about what we can expect visually as far as levels of decomposition in the Black Lanterns? I mean... will they just look normal, but really pale? Will flaps of skin be hanging off, skeletons exposed... this sort of thing?

2) On the same note as it not mattering if the dead resurrectee left behind a corpse... are you folks opening up the can of worms about non-superpowered or even non-superhero/supervillain affiliated family members? If yes, then what is stopping, for example, the Black Lanterns reconstituting Adolf Hitler, or George Washington with a black ring? Is there some cutoff date?

3) Is Black Hand's uniform going to change again?

Comment

But I'm not helping....
              I'd call doing covers helping out on the overall Blackest Night project.
              And if you're not doing that....
              I'd still say you did a part by designing characters. (I've read that you did some character designs already)

Comment

More specific than 2009...? March 2009? How does that sound?
                Sounds terrible/terrific. I love that it'll be out first quarter 09, but it seems that the Flash title will stop after this current arc(This Was Your Life,Wally West), which will end in December!

Are you currently up to date with the Flash run since Waid's departure? Do you know if the issue number will restart during/after Rebirth? Will DC go back to Barry's last issue number? In your opinion, where does Wally's new costume rank in the DCU?

Comment

• Since you say you're doing all the covers on the Blackest Night will there be like a theme? To the look? Like Civil War and Final Crisis covers?

Comment

Hulk Hogan? I'd feel odd about it at first, but if he was fighting the Iron Sheik in a steel cage deathmatch, it'd be awesome.
                    Thanks, brother.

Comment

• What is your routine when you start drawing, Ethan? Do you have to work yourself up to start drawing or does it come easily?

I ask because when I draw I find I need to be in the right place of mind, and mood. Sometimes it's like a writer's block but with art instead.

Do you get this too?

~Brina

Comment

It's six issues of awesomeness, and I hope GL fans will enjoy it. Afterall, Barry and Hal are pals, and so are Wally and Kyle! These books support each other!
                        Was there any extra meaning behind that quote? Will any GL show up during Rebirth?

Comment

• Hey Ethan, why do the Red Lanterns have the Manhunter symbol as their logo? DIdn't the Manhunters wipe out most of the Empire of Tears?
                          "Gone are all my comforts, I held so dear
                          Sold them to strangers looking for a deal
                          You left me here all alone, my worst fear
                          Don't think this kind of pain will ever heal
                          I gave to you my life and love for years
                          Look deep in my eyes, my pain do you feel
                          All I ever wanted was to be loved
                          Waiting on dad to take me up above"

Comment

• Hello Mr. Van Sciver,

just wanted to drop by and say hello and thank you again for the sketch. I met you last October at the Syracuse Heroes Expo. You drew me a Classic Kyle and we Talked about the Boston Red Sox. Thanks again and here's hoping I get to meet you again at a future con.
                            The Corpsman formerly known as JadeSkarab

Comment

• "Purrrrr. Hello nice art man. As the official-unofficial mascot of this forum, is there a chance I could appear somewhere in one of your splash pages? I would be easy to draw, and guaranteed to offer comedic relief. I would also provide you with a lifetime supply of Warriors Beer (see sig). Actually, you can have my empties, because I want to drink it, but I'll drink it in memory of your awesomeness. Thank you! Meow! "

Is the King of Cats there is none higher,
                              Sucker felines they call him SIRE!
                              To destroy his buzz you must use fire,
                              He won't stop drinkin till he expires!

Comment

• Thought I'd refresh you Mr. Van Sciver. Plus I figured some of our other members might want to see your handiwork.
                                The Corpsman formerly known as JadeSkarab

Comment

Working...
                                X