Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The DC Comics Thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by W.West View Post
    One can only hope he's smart enough.
    Why are you against WW/Supes hooking up? Personally I'm against it as well, since imo WW's love interest should come from her own book. Of course to accomplish that, you need to create and establish a strong supporting cast around her first...something I think really needs to be done in regards to WW.

    On the topic of OMDing Lois and Clark's marriage, wasn't that particular plot point a part of the Superman 2000 pitch by Morrison, Millar, Waid, and someone else I'm forgetting?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by d3v1lb0y View Post
      well this sucks!!
      So, are the current storylines are going to count for something?
      are my 2500+ comics just plain papaer now??
      OMFG
      what to do???

      At least I'll get to redo my list with my LCS

      I now want to drive to Tijuna and just hit you for this statement.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by irongreen2814 View Post
        I now want to drive to Tijuna and just hit you for this statement.
        Go burn his books instead.

        Originally posted by d3v1lb0y View Post
        well this sucks!!
        So, are the current storylines are going to count for something?
        are my 2500+ comics just plain papaer now??
        OMFG
        what to do???

        At least I'll get to redo my list with my LCS

        Man, everyone seems to freaking out and thinking that this will be a complete reboot when the announcement clearly says otherwise:

        We have taken great care in maintaining continuity where most important, but fans will see a new approach to our storytelling. Some of the characters will have new origins, while others will undergo minor changes.

        Comment


        • Is it sad that from now on all people will be talking about is the reboot and not Flashpoint
          Winner of THE INFAMOUS PEOPLE DRAFT 2011

          Comment


          • Originally posted by hypotherion View Post
            Why are you against WW/Supes hooking up? Personally I'm against it as well, since imo WW's love interest should come from her own book. Of course to accomplish that, you need to create and establish a strong supporting cast around her first...something I think really needs to be done in regards to WW.

            On the topic of OMDing Lois and Clark's marriage, wasn't that particular plot point a part of the Superman 2000 pitch by Morrison, Millar, Waid, and someone else I'm forgetting?
            I'm against it for that reason(and vice versa for Supes) and that I think "hooking up" Wonder Woman with anyone is the easy way out of writing her or any other female character.


            I was just going to mention the 2000 pitch. I wonder how much of it they'll use. I mean, they HAVE TO use some of it. I can't imagine Grant accepting the position without that being apart of the deal.

            Comment


            • When Joe Quesada Heard about Dc's Reboot he didn't react well.








              Darth_Andrea

              Comment


              • Originally posted by W.West View Post
                The New Superman #1
                ..........................WHAT THE FLYING FUCKING HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                I honest to god hope that all of this is bullshit and whats really happening is DC is launching a new DC universe.........."SEPARATE" from the one we already have, as others have mentioned, like how Marvel has its "Ultimate Universe"........that is the only fucking way I'll ever accept this.........also.......................WHAT THE FUCK DID THEY DO TO MY SUPERMAN SUIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!.........yes "my" Superman suit, something every true Superman fan should say, update it sure, but dont go and fucking destroy it.................KNEEPADS.................WHY THE FUCK DOES SUPERMAN NEED KNEEPADS???...........HE'S SUPERMAN!!........

                And yea WTF is up with everyone having a collar.........Wonder Woman isn't wearing a fucking shirt but she's got a collar..........guess her reboot is to turn her into a bitch (I am so sorry for that one lol) ..............This reboot is by far the worst idea to ever happen in any comic book........PERIOD!!!

                Comment


                • Originally posted by W.West View Post
                  I was just going to mention the 2000 pitch. I wonder how much of it they'll use. I mean, they HAVE TO use some of it. I can't imagine Grant accepting the position without that being apart of the deal.
                  Well a lot of that pitch got worked into All Star Superman didn't it? So I imagine Grant might wanna try some new ideas.

                  Comment


                  • What is the Superman 2000 pitch exactly? (A little before my time collecting comics.)

                    Also I'm still excited for Flashpoint and the Renumbering (Sense it's not really a reboot).
                    No Sir, I punched the viceroy in the stomach, then I headbutted him in the face. Sir.-Hal Jordan

                    Villain Draft (Best Team Winner)/Proud Supporter of the DCnU

                    Comment


                    • I love how everyone keeps calling this a reboot when its clearly been stated that its not. A reboot is to totally undo everything and start from scratch. They have stated that they are bringing things into this new continuity. Obviously not everything, but thats the nature of the beast. Not everything from the first issues of Detective comics and Action Comics have made it to this day and age, and Im sure most of you would be glad about that, I know I am.

                      This is not a reboot and has not been called a reboot by anyone in DC. Didio has said on his facebook that he wishes people wouldnt call this a reboot since its not.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by GreenLantern888 View Post
                        What is the Superman 2000 pitch exactly? (A little before my time collecting comics.)

                        Also I'm still excited for Flashpoint and the Renumbering (Sense it's not really a reboot).
                        It was a pitch made by Grant Morrison, Mark Waid, Mark Millar, and Tom Peyer made to DC during the late 90s. You can read the entire proposal here.
                        Hypo
                        Lil' Leaguer
                        Last edited by Hypo; 06-01-2011, 05:34 AM.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by hypotherion View Post
                          Oh for fucks sake...if they get rid of the marriage.
                          Wonder where they got the idea from?


                          This had better be the most elaborate joke in history or mroe people will drop DC's comics than if they had Batman appear on To Catch A Predator


                          This needs to produce a large amount of literary gold or it will flop very, very, very badly


                          Originally posted by Plastroncafe
                          Freedom of Speech does not mean Freedom From Being Called Out For Spouting Bullshit.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Mrt1000son View Post
                            This needs to produce a large amount of literary gold or it will flop very, very, very badly
                            Well obviously, doesn't this kinda apply in every situation?

                            Comment


                            • Does this mean we get another Doom Patrol relaunch?

                              I'm not overly concerned about Green Lantern - Hal has a movie and an animated series coming out. Unless the film really bombs I imagine he's safe. (yes, my fingers are crossed) And Johns probably won't do anything too screwy with Hal in the relaunch. Hal doesn't appear to be wearing a ring in that JLA art, but I think it's likely an error where Lee left it to the colorist to add a light effect on his ring finger and it got left out or something. Not a fan of the shoulder pads though - ugh.

                              I'm frankly amazed they changed Superman and Wonder Woman as much as they did.

                              I'm all for bumping Cyborg up to the A-List, but I'm not a fan of how bulky and armored he looks. It makes it seem strange that he'd leave half his head unprotected.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by irongreen2814 View Post
                                I now want to drive to Tijuna and just hit you for this statement.
                                Originally posted by hypotherion View Post
                                Go burn his books instead.



                                Man, everyone seems to freaking out and thinking that this will be a complete reboot when the announcement clearly says otherwise:
                                C'mon!
                                Guess I should've put down some

                                I'm one of those few persons that can wait till the end and see what happens.
                                And I DO need to redo my list with my LCS, but that's just because Im buying about 30-40 comics a month

                                Bring on CHAOS, bring on MY HAPPINESS, bring on rage ..Rage ..RAGE!!!

                                facebook: d3v1lb0y888 ...twitter: d3v1lb0y_8 ..instagram: d3v1lb0y

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X