Clear All

• Alien 3 (1992)
    Alien3_poster.jpg

“You’ve been in my life so long, I can't remember anything else.”

Alien Resurrection (1997)
    Alien_Resurrection_poster.jpg

“All aliens, please proceed to level one.”

Comment

• Birds Of Prey (And The Fantabulous Emancipation Of One Harley Quinn) (2020)

Comment

• Again, this was long enough that I saw too much to post with pix (not even totally caught up here). Mostly Halloween-time viewing:

Fantasy Island (2020)

“The problem with having it all is that usually someone else wants it too.”
        —Ok. I’m only passing familiar with the original show, so a horror remake didn’t bother me.

Hannibal (2001)
        “On a related note I must confess to you, I’m giving very serious thought to eating your wife.”
        —Had only seen it once, but wanted to re-watch after picking up the 4K and reading the book. As much as people hated this ending, the book goes way further.

It (2017)
        “When you’re alone as a kid, the monsters see you as weaker. You don’t even know they’re getting closer. Until it’s too late.”

It Chapter 2 (2019)
        “Guess you could say that was long overdue. Get it? ‘Cause we’re in a library.”

Attack of the Killer Donuts (2017)
        “I hope you get explosive diarrhea, you filthy animals!”

Batman Forever (1995)
        “Happy Halloween.”

Casper (1995)
        “Drop dead.
        -Too late.”

Arsenic and Old Lace (1944)
        “Insanity runs in my family; it practically gallops.”
        —The Halloween-night choice to watch with the folks.

Halloween III: Season of the Witch (1982)
        “Irish Halloween masks?
        -In California, you never know.”

28 Days Later (2002)
        “This is what I’ve seen in the four weeks since infection. People killing people, which is much what I saw in the four weeks before infection, and the four weeks before that, and before that, and as far back as I care to remember.”
        —20th anniversary.
        Space Cop
        The Dandy
        Last edited by Space Cop; 11-05-2022, 04:43 PM.

Comment

• Wakanda forever. It was interesting with some solid ideas but i prefer the first one. That dosent mean i hated it im just letting it process because its a long movie almost 3 hours
          .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Again too many to post. Here's the next ten I watched:

Wreck-It Ralph (2012)
            “I’m bad, and that’s good! I will never be good, and that’s not bad!”
            —10th anniversary.

Victor Crowley (2017)
            “Ten years later, you are like the O.J. Simpson of Honey Island Swamp. Wouldn’t you say?
            -Uh. No, I wouldn’t.”

[Rifftrax:] Mutant (1984/2017)
            “Who would want to steal blood?
            -Eh, Perverts. Twilight fans. Perverted Twilight fans.”

Tito (2022)
            “Children have dreams.”
            —A short film (free on Youtube) that includes a couple wrestlers in the cast).

Legend [Director’s Cut] (1985)
            “Ah, that’s a sad sight for a sober man!”

V for Vendetta (2005)
            “Ideas a bulletproof.”
            —It had been a few years since I watched this for the 5th of November (which I used to do regularly), so I popped it in before bed for the date.

Angel Heart (1987)
            “Hey, you ever watch the Mickey Mouse Club? ‘Cause you know what today is? Today is Wednesday. It’s anything can happen day.”

Starship Troopers (1997(
            “All right, let's sum up. This year we explored the failure of democracy.”
            —25th anniversary.

[Rifftrax:] Kill and Kill Again (1981/2017)
            “Shocking to see casual racism in a South African movie.”

Wer (2013)
            “The answer is, he’s not human.”
            —My werewolf pick for this Beaver moon.

Comment

• Wonder Woman 1984 (2020)

Comment

• Jackie Brown (1997)
                maxresdefault.jpg

“What's the matter, haven't ever borrowed someone's car before?
                -Not after they're dead.”
                —Another 25th anniversary that I specifically remember driving to see with my friend. Yep, I’m getting old.

1776 (1972)
                1776+Poster.jpgimgmax=660.jpg

“Never was such a valuable possession so stupidly and recklessly managed, than this entire continent by the British crown. Our industry discouraged, our resouces pillaged. Worst of all, our very character stifled. We’ve spawned a new race here, Mr. Dikinson. Rougher, simpler; more violent, more enterprising; less refined. We’re a new nationality. We require a new nation.”
                —50th anniversary. One of (if not my top) my favorite musicals and the only one I saw on Broadway.

It (1990)
                1*wPeAx4raKLWknBs0GZyTyQ.jpg
                “It’s great to be back here in Derry, breathing in that old Derry Air.”

[Bram Stoker’s] Dracula (1992)
                cc3851a79596f23843e2cd75173f7e80.jpg

“I want you to bring me, before nightfall, a set of postmortem knives.
                -An autopsy? On Lucy?
                No, no, no. Not exactly. I just want to cut off her head and take out her heart.”
                —30th anniversary.

Robocop (1987)
                HNEJST26789-2.jpg

“And I want a bigger office! And I want a new car! And I want the city to pay for it all!
                -What kind of car, Miller?
                Something with reclining leather seats that goes really fast and gets really s**ty gas mileage!”
                —Upgraded to Arrow’s 4K of the director’s cut.

Comment

• Black Widow (2021)

Comment

• Not up to date yet, but the next 5 movies I watched:

The Birds (1963)
                    4714.jpg
                    “Aw, Mom, please. I know all that democracy jazz.”

Love Potion No. 9 (1992)
                    lovepotion9.jpg

“How do you like those pretzels.”
                    —30th anniversary. Not one I’d ‘need’ to celebrate, but I picked it up cheap on DVD a few years ago and hadn’t re-watched it yet, so it was a good excuse.

The Man Who Killed Don Quixote (2019)
                    the-man-who-killed-don-quixote-poster.jpg

“You think explaining explains anything?”

Riot in Cell Block 11 (1954)
                    riot-in-cell-block-11-lg.jpg
                    “If only we could just get across that anyone could land in prison just like that!”

[Rifftrax:] Universal Soldier 3: Unfinished Business (1998/2022)
                    UniversalSoldier3_1920x1080Social.jpg

“Sir, are you Irish or just kind of drunk?”

Comment

• Shang-Chi And The Legend Of The Ten Rings (2021)

Comment

• What’s Up, Doc? (1972)
                        “As the years go by, romance fades and something else takes its place. Do you know what that is?
                        -Senility?”

Malcolm X (1992)
                        “A man curses because he doesn’t have the words to say what’s on his mind.”
                        —30th anniversary.

The Mechanic (1972)
                        “Money is paid, but that's not the motive. It has to do with standing outside of it all, on your own.”

The Mechanic (2011)
                        “Good judgment comes from experience and a lot of that comes from bad judgment.”
                        —Felt like re-watching after seeing the original again.

Soylent Green (1973)
                        “People were always rotten. But the world was beautiful.”
                        —Re-watched this not for the anniversary (which’ll be next year) but because it’s set in the future of 2022!

Interview with a Vampire (1994­)
                        “You lack the courage of your convictions, sir.”

Queen of the Damned (2002)
                        “Immortality seems like a good idea, until you realize you're going to spend it alone.”
                        —I usually watch the two adaptations of Rice when I’m finishing another Vampire Chronicle (of which I now only have 3 left) and did so again.

Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil (1997)
                        “I’ve only been here three days and it’s just a shooting, but give it time, okay. This place is fantastic. It’s like Gone With the Wind on Mescalin.”
                        —25th anniversary.

Mortal Kombat: Annihilation (1997)
                        “Shao who?!”
                        —Also 25th anniversary.

The Birth, the Life, and the Death of Christ (1906)
                        “Ecce homo.”

Comment

• All Hallows Eve 2013
                          Terrifier 2016
                          Terrifier 2 2022

After hearing about supposed movie audiences running out of a theater upchucking in reaction to this Art the Clown dude, I wanted to see what all the hubbub was about. With the small possible exception of the first movie, this franchise is garbage. No redeeming qualities (unless you count the significance of an angelic entity in the 2022 film), no story to speak of, no backstory or plausible reason for survival, the character is just pure trash topped with ultra gore for a small amount of shock value. The whole "silent mime" shtick is stupid, even when used in the confines of a serial killer. Besides, we've had way better clown killers than this. Art is the type of character you want to feed to the big boys like Jason, Freddy, Michael, Leatherface, etc. They would get him to make a sound.

Waste of time, don't bother with any of them. My 2 cents.

Comment

• The Spirit of the Beehive (1973)
                            cover_full.jpg
                            “Everything in the movies is fake.”
                            —Good slice-of-life movie about young sisters (one in particular) in 40s Spain. The girl becomes convinced the Frankenstein monster is living nearby after seeing the movie for the first time.

[Rifftrax:] Double Dragon (2021)
                            DoubleDragon_Poster.jpg

“Cheating, the sign of a true hero.”

Miracle on 34th Street (1947)
                            1-9440743495.jpg

“You know what the imagination is?
                            -Oh, sure. That's when you see things, but they're not really there.
                            Well, that can be caused by other things, too.”

Lost Highway (1997)
                            lost-highway-vintage-movie-poster-original-german-a1-23x33_800x.progressive.jpg?v=1620795976.jpg

“I like to remember things my own way.”
                            —I missed the 25th anniversary back at the beginning of this year because I didn’t have a copy, but recently bought the 4K during B&N’s Criterion sale.

Casablanca (1942)
                            casablanca-1942.jpg
                            “I’d bet they’re asleep all over America.”
                            —80th anniversary.

Originally posted by Jeff View Post
                            All Hallows Eve 2013
                            Terrifier 2016
                            Terrifier 2 2022

After hearing about supposed movie audiences running out of a theater upchucking in reaction to this Art the Clown dude, I wanted to see what all the hubbub was about. With the small possible exception of the first movie, this franchise is garbage. No redeeming qualities (unless you count the significance of an angelic entity in the 2022 film), no story to speak of, no backstory or plausible reason for survival, the character is just pure trash topped with ultra gore for a small amount of shock value. The whole "silent mime" shtick is stupid, even when used in the confines of a serial killer. Besides, we've had way better clown killers than this. Art is the type of character you want to feed to the big boys like Jason, Freddy, Michael, Leatherface, etc. They would get him to make a sound.

Waste of time, don't bother with any of them. My 2 cents.
                            I'm interested enough to see Terrifier 2 (eventually), but I'm not as impressed as Tazz and other Art fans I hear about. There didn't seem to be a lot of story to him and while lack of motive works with say Michael, it felt hollow here. Still, there were some good kills and such in the first two.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                              I'm interested enough to see Terrifier 2 (eventually), but I'm not as impressed as Tazz and other Art fans I hear about. There didn't seem to be a lot of story to him and while lack of motive works with say Michael, it felt hollow here. Still, there were some good kills and such in the first two.
                              Just watch Killer Klowns from Outer Space again if you need that clown fix. Or if you just like gore for the sake of gore, I'm sure the Human Centipede will satisfy your cravings. These movies are just gross negligence of the art form. Should have been rated X as in "you need X-Ray scans to figure out why you enjoy this."

Comment

• MST3K: Alien from L.A. (1988/1993)
                                hqdefault.jpg
                                “She’s emoting; she’s going to blow!”
                                —R.I.P. Albert Pyun.

Comment

Working...
                                X