Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post

Wasnt he also govenor around that time?
    He was, but he was allowed to take a couple of days off to do whatever. That's how he did his Expendables 1 appearance.

Comment

Im excited for this film. One review said the lead is not a mary sue. Im going to say something i never say and that is avp needs a hard r reboot. Set it during the apollo 11 mission where man lands on the moon and they find technological ruins on the dark side of the moon. Have them discover xenomorph eggs where once removed it triggers a silent alarm alerting the predators wich has them come to earth. You can also touch on the cuban missle crisis as a coverup for the alien and predators war. Or you can tie it with Roswell from 1947 and humans stole technology from a downed craft. Id like to see how humanity would use technology like cloaking or if humanity would use alien eggs as weapons of war
      TazzMission
      Guardian of the Universe
      Last edited by TazzMission; 08-02-2022, 01:51 PM.
      .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

A friend has Hulu and plans to come over at the end of the month for a double feature, so I'm going to try to leech off his account to watch Prey.

Im excited for this film. One review said the lead is not a mary sue. Im going to say something i never say and that is avp needs a hard r reboot. Set it during the apollo 11 mission where man lands on the moon and they find technological ruins on the dark side of the moon. Have them discover xenomorph eggs where once removed it triggers a silent alarm alerting the predators wich has them come to earth. You can also touch on the cuban missle crisis as a coverup for the alien and predators war. Or you can tie it with Roswell from 1947 and humans stole technology from a downed craft. Id like to see how humanity would use technology like cloaking or if humanity would use alien eggs as weapons of war
        They could just adapt the Dark Horse comics because the other two movies had nothing to do with them. You could do that story (which is about colonists beset by both species) with an R.

Comment

Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
          A friend has Hulu and plans to come over at the end of the month for a double feature, so I'm going to try to leech off his account to watch Prey.

They could just adapt the Dark Horse comics because the other two movies had nothing to do with them. You could do that story (which is about colonists beset by both species) with an R.
          Or or if this is successful And gets a sequel maybe the next setting or period could be vikings ? Apparently prey is where the first predators come to earth. So you can still have period piece story to play with. Hell why not toss predators in the American civil war.

Comment

They really shouldn't commit to when they first arrived, unless there's a canon chronology I'm not aware of.

Comment

AVP portrayed them as having visiting for 1000's of years. Prey takes place in 1717, so it wouldnt be their first visit.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinson View Post
                AVP portrayed them as having visiting for 1000's of years. Prey takes place in 1717, so it wouldnt be their first visit.
                I dont think avp is canon .The trailers are calling it predators first hunt

Comment

Yeah, I've heard multiple times that the two AvP movies are not canon. For sure, they aren't in the Alien series. They don't fit with the Prometheus timeline.

Comment

Does Prometheus fit the prometheus timeline? I never saw the second one but I remember people not being too happy with the first.

Comment

Does Prometheus fit the prometheus timeline? I never saw the second one but I remember people not being too happy with the first.
                      I think the alien timeline yea. I saw covenant once . It was ok nothing special

Comment

You can find multiple articles on all the plot holes in Prometheus. Some are just the characters being dumb. Some are because it's such a confusing plot (continuity-wise). The one that keeps bugging me is why there's a mural showing the xenomorphs when they're not yet created (unless the Engineers knew it would be that precise).

432757435777241.jpg

Comment

You can find multiple articles on all the plot holes in Prometheus. Some are just the characters being dumb. Some are because it's such a confusing plot (continuity-wise). The one that keeps bugging me is why there's a mural showing the xenomorphs when they're not yet created (unless the Engineers knew it would be that precise).

432757435777241.jpg
                          Design idea perhaps hence engineer? Just trying to think about posibilities. I think this was a good scifi movie as its own thing but definitely not anything close to alien

Comment

I Just finished it . Im going to say something i thought i would never say._.It is better than the original. The time period was absolutely gorgeous. Its basically a right of passage story but with a girl and her dog. I got assassin creed vibes with this in certain fight scenes. It really builds on the suspense like the original. My only gripe is cosmetic where the predators face is cgi. Other than that i say watch it. Apparently there will be a version wheres its in camanche. The lead was fantastic . Depending on what the future is for predator this amber midhunter who is the lead can be the next sig weaver as Ripley
                            TazzMission
                            Guardian of the Universe
                            Last edited by TazzMission; 08-05-2022, 07:32 PM.

Comment

Apparently prey is where the first predators come to earth.
                              They really shouldn't commit to when they first arrived, unless there's a canon chronology I'm not aware of.

I dont think avp is canon .The trailers are calling it predators first hunt
                              Both things can be true at the same time. The Predators VISITED Earth and guided humans to build the pyramids. They didn't have a HUNT until Prey.

It works.

I think the alien timeline yea. I saw covenant once . It was ok nothing special

432757435777241.jpg
                              Design idea perhaps hence engineer? Just trying to think about posibilities. I think this was a good scifi movie as its own thing but definitely not anything close to alien
                              There is no way David is what created the Aliens. The Engineers were most likely reverse engineering them for their own bio-weapons. Also, though it is a very stupid movie, Prometheus actually gives you all of the Alien origins you need, without actually spelling anything out. It seems pretty clear from all the clues. Think about it.

LV-426 from Alien and Aliens and LV-223 from Prometheus are both in the Zeta Reticuli System. Go ahead and look it up. The Engineers were about ready to bombard Earth 2000 years ago with the black bioweapon goo (according to Ridley at the time, this was because Jesus was an Engineer and we crucified him) when there was an accident and they themselves got exposed. Different Juggernaut ships (same as the derelict from Alien) take off in an evacuation, the ones that even made it to the Juggernauts. Clearly one solo Engineer who made it off wasn't so lucky, got chestbursted by being contaminated by the goo, crashed on LV-426. Meanwhile, at the same exact time, another Engineer on LV-223 put himself into cryosleep, hoping for the best.

The rest is history.

Myself, I would have just been happy post-Prometheus if Ridley made good on his promise and we had a big Engineers movie. With Noomi and David getting a grand tour of their world, their history, their grand plans and so on. Instead we got Covenant, an insulting "greatest hits" compilation of Alien 1-4.

I Just finished it . Im going to say something i thought i would never say._.It is better than the original. The time period was absolutely gorgeous. Its basically a right of passage story but with a girl and her dog. I got assassin creed vibes with this in certain fight scenes. It really builds on the suspense like the original. My only gripe is cosmetic where the predators face is cgi. Other than that i say watch it. Apparently there will be a version wheres its in camanche. The lead was fantastic . Depending on what the future is for predator this amber midhunter who is the lead can be the next sig weaver as Ripley
                              Better than the original? No way. You can't tell me these characters were in any way more memorable or iconic as Arnold's bunch. Now, better than the others? Eh. There could be an argument there. It's definitely the purest form of a Predator movie.

And so I did see "Prey." Decent. It's exactly the movie it seems from the trailers. No really big surprises or anything (beyond the vast number of characters who lose legs and arms in this... it's crazy!). Yes, we do get the story of the pistol from Predator 2. It's kind of neat now how we can watch Prey => Predator 1 => Predator 2 and it all forms kind of an actually fairly symmetrical closed trilogy.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post

Better than the original? No way. You can't tell me these characters were in any way more memorable or iconic as Arnold's bunch. Now, better than the others? Eh. There could be an argument there. It's definitely the purest form of a Predator movie.

And so I did see "Prey." Decent. It's exactly the movie it seems from the trailers. No really big surprises or anything (beyond the vast number of characters who lose legs and arms in this... it's crazy!). Yes, we do get the story of the pistol from Predator 2. It's kind of neat now how we can watch Prey => Predator 1 => Predator 2 and it all forms kind of an actually fairly symmetrical closed trilogy.
                                From a story point of view yea its way better than the original.The original was basically go investigate behind enemy territory and bring back survivors. In Prey its about a persons right of passage. I think naru is just as equally remeberable as Dutch. Ill always love the original but i liked this one a lot more. If Disney continues to flesh out bad ass leads like this one ill definitely be invested. I mean how crazy Would it be if the next one is set during the American civil war as i said before Spartans in Greece ect? Hell they can even be the djinn in Islam or something. Playing in the sandbox of time periods can open up so many ideas For predator

Comment

Working...
                                X