No announcement yet.

The Hal and Arisia thing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good enough for Elvis... good enough for Hal...

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Naysay View Post
      Good enough for Elvis... good enough for Hal...

Don't forget ol' Jerry Lee Lewis.

Goodness Gracious, Great Balls of Fire!

Comment

Yea! And weren't they related too?

Comment

Yea! And weren't they related too?

Lewis's third wife, Myra Gale Brown. She was Lewis's first cousin once removed and only 13 years old. (Brown, Lewis, and his management all insisted she was 15). Lewis was nearly 23 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by lokeinlyesmith View Post
            Lewis's third wife, Myra Gale Brown. She was Lewis's first cousin once removed and only 13 years old. (Brown, Lewis, and his management all insisted she was 15). Lewis was nearly 23 years old.
            Wait... what does "once removed" mean again?

His first cousin's kid?

Comment

Wait... what does "once removed" mean again?

His first cousin's kid?

Family tree showing the relationship of each person to the orange person. Cousins are colored green. The genetic degree of relationship are marked in red boxes by percentage (%).

Comment

Originally posted by The_Mad_Dragon View Post
                This is a piece of Hal's history I DESPERATELY try to forget. Dress it up however ya want folks, it still feels icky to me.
                But.. But i wanna get all kinds of " icky " with Arisia...

Team Cyclops !!! ...Screw Wolverine.

Comment

Yo.

Originally posted by lokeinlyesmith View Post

Family tree showing the relationship of each person to the orange person. Cousins are colored green. The genetic degree of relationship are marked in red boxes by percentage (%).
                  so wait, if Im reading this correct that means: the chances of my producing a 3-eyed slug beast w/the chic Im churning my baby-frosting into is only 6.25% if shes a 1st cuz once-removed??

NICE!!

Tazer

Originally posted by Andrew NDB
                  Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Even if its legal,Hal shouldn't be taking advantage of Arisia.This would all go away if they retconned her mental age to being 16 or more.That way Hal won't be old/dead when it is legal

Comment

I don't think he took advantage of Arisia. I think if she stayed on her planet... she would have been a lot happier and had a lot more agency in her relationship fallout with Hal.

But Hal was a crappy boyfriend.

Comment

Yo.

hey, she was an illegal alien, so who cares wat happend to her, right??

if she cared, she wouldve become a citizen and then any laws protecting underage ppl would apply to her.........

Tazer

Geoff Johns should have a 10 mile restraining order from comic books, let alone films.

Comment

Originally posted by Tazer View Post
                          Yo.

hey, she was an illegal alien, so who cares wat happend to her, right??

if she cared, she wouldve become a citizen and then any laws protecting underage ppl would apply to her.........

Tazer
                          SHE TERK ERRR JERRRBBSSS!!!

Comment

Yo.

CORRECT!!

and remember, she was *working* w/o paying taxes OR being a legal member of our society; "SHE TERK ERRR JERRRBBSSS" indeed.

Tazer

Comment

Originally posted by ionvox View Post

Flip this around: What if it was a teenaged Hal going after a brilliantly gorgeous and matronly Arisa? Or, Superboy going after Wonder Woman? If that doesn't bother you, then the reverse shouldn't either - and you should be ashamed of the hypocrisy.

Anyway, my two bits.
                              When the Superboy comic started around Zero Hour, he was dating a reporter named Tana Moon, we never got a reference to her age, but she was "legal" & he was like 1. I never heard or read anyone trolling about that relationship, or about her been a pedophile.

Comment

Originally posted by Onabyrcse View Post
                                When the Superboy comic started around Zero Hour, he was dating a reporter named Tana Moon, we never got a reference to her age, but she was "legal" & he was like 1. I never heard or read anyone trolling about that relationship, or about her been a pedophile.
                                Women can't be pedophiles. When they are, the younger man is just "lucky".

And in response to the post you quoted, I am quite often hypocritical and have many double standards. Take my children for example. The boys are encouraged to knock a chick up by the age of 12(maybe that's a SLIGHT exaggeration). While my daughter will not date until after she's married. To Jesus. Because she's going to a convent to become a nun before she hits puberty.

Comment

Working...
                                X