Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Last film you saw, vol. 6

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Presumed Innocent (1990)

    Comment


    • Buffy the Vampire Slayer (1992)
      Buffy_The_Vampire_Slayer_Movie.jpg

      “Does the word "duh" mean anything to you?”
      —30th anniversary.

      Spawn (1997)
      pst2879_Spawn_Movie_Poster_large.jpg?v=1622032746.jpg
      “Have you looked in a mirror lately, burnt man walking? Even the entire cast of "E.R." couldn't put you back together again.”
      —25th anniversary.

      Elvis: The Way It Is (1970)
      c21bc891-5908-4d9b-a323-4d350b5cfd1e.jpg

      “Kill that blower, or blow that killer. Whatever.”
      -Documentary covering the King's 1970 Vegas concert series. About 1/3 is behind-the-scenes and the rest concert footage.


      The Last House on the Left (1972)
      LastHousePoster.jpg

      “How’d we get into the sex-crime business anyway?”
      —50th anniversary.

      Dog (2022)
      Dog-Blu-ray.Cover_.jpg

      “You saved my life.”

      Comment


      • Prey (2022)

        "If it bleeds.... we can kill it."

        I've watched about 200 movies in the last month, indulging in heroin for the eyes. Pretty much cleared out all of the ScyFy movies, any sea creature themed movie I could find, alligators, crocodiles, snakes, and any combination of the species. Found the Tubi app a few weeks ago and it was downhill from there.

        But this movie here....has exceeded all my expectations, wonderfully written, acted, and the location scenery was gorgeous. The Comanche tribe scenes were beautiful. It was so good I wanted to drop a word about it here. If I had a legitimate gripe (and this is very small potatoes), it would be about the actual Predator himself- There was something off about the face I can't quite put my finger on. Like maybe it was a newer (older?) Version? It just gave me an unrecognizable vibe since most of the Predators on film since 1987 have fallen into 1 of 2 categories. Like, there's the Great white shark and the Mako shark. You instinctively know the difference, but throw in a bonnet shark and it might put you off a bit, dig?

        They used some awesome callback scenes to the other Predator movies respectfully, both in dialogue and imagery. It wasn't just rehashed, it became alive again with new blood. Brother and Sister duo for the win. And then Sister takes to home plate.

        Highly recommended for so many reasons.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Jeff View Post
          Prey (2022)

          "If it bleeds.... we can kill it."

          I've watched about 200 movies in the last month, indulging in heroin for the eyes. Pretty much cleared out all of the ScyFy movies, any sea creature themed movie I could find, alligators, crocodiles, snakes, and any combination of the species. Found the Tubi app a few weeks ago and it was downhill from there.

          But this movie here....has exceeded all my expectations, wonderfully written, acted, and the location scenery was gorgeous. The Comanche tribe scenes were beautiful. It was so good I wanted to drop a word about it here. If I had a legitimate gripe (and this is very small potatoes), it would be about the actual Predator himself- There was something off about the face I can't quite put my finger on. Like maybe it was a newer (older?) Version? It just gave me an unrecognizable vibe since most of the Predators on film since 1987 have fallen into 1 of 2 categories. Like, there's the Great white shark and the Mako shark. You instinctively know the difference, but throw in a bonnet shark and it might put you off a bit, dig?

          They used some awesome callback scenes to the other Predator movies respectfully, both in dialogue and imagery. It wasn't just rehashed, it became alive again with new blood. Brother and Sister duo for the win. And then Sister takes to home plate.

          Highly recommended for so many reasons.
          Assuming im not on ignore i agree with everything you just said. The predators face was cgi wich is why it looked not right. As i said in the Prey thread . Imagine how bass ass it would be set in the Viking age? One person on YouTube even suggested the samurai age . Keep predator with period pieces because theres so much you can play with
          .................................................. ..........................

          Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

          Comment


          • Unforgiven (1992)
            e90c5988-7872-4a51-92ac-77b64fc22443_1.ccadb66194f8e892b22f1ae19b48d590.jpeg?odnHeight=612&odnWidth=612&odnBg=FFFFFF.jpg

            “I heard that one myself, Bob. Hell, I even thought I was dead 'til I found out it was just that I was in Nebraska.”
            —30th anniversary.

            [Joe Bob Briggs’ The Last Drive-In:] The Love Witch (2016)
            lw-2.jpg

            “Men are like children.”

            [Rifftrax Live:] Amityville Horror 4: The Evil Escapes (1989/2021)
            RiffTraxLiveAmityville_1920x1080Social_2.jpg

            “Amityville 4 was a book first, huh? So, this is like the movie adaptation of the novelization of the sequel to a movie.
            -All the best ones are.”

            Needful Things (1993)
            Needful-Things-Movie-Poster-1993.jpg

            “I'm afraid I have a tendency to turn up the heat.”

            Green Lantern: Beware My Power (2022)
            IMG_8108.jpg

            “Of all the hokey, lame-a** things . . . ”
            —Thoughts in the appropriate thread.


            Originally posted by Jeff View Post
            . . . Found the Tubi app a few weeks ago and it was downhill from there . . .
            Tubi has a great selection for being a free (with ads) app. I use them frequently they have a lot of MST3K/Rifftrax and a lot of real cult movies.

            Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
            Assuming im not on ignore i agree with everything you just said. The predators face was cgi wich is why it looked not right. As i said in the Prey thread . Imagine how bass ass it would be set in the Viking age? One person on YouTube even suggested the samurai age . Keep predator with period pieces because theres so much you can play with
            Disappointed to hear about the CGI face, but hearing so much good that I'm still looking forward to seeing this.
            Space Cop
            The Dandy
            Last edited by Space Cop; 08-10-2022, 01:48 PM.

            Comment


            • Doctor Strange In The Multiverse Of Madness (2022)

              Comment


              • F9: The Fast Saga (2021)
                maxresdefault.jpg

                “Be precise in life. It makes all the difference.”

                [Rifftrax Live:] Star Raiders: The Adventures of Saber Raine (2017/2019)
                RiffTraxLiveStarRaiders_YouTube1280x720.jpg

                “Go to Hell production values.”

                Things to Do in Denver When You’re Dead (1995)
                20067045.jpg

                “I am Godzilla! You are Japan!”

                The Amusement Park (1975/2021)
                e3x3e1ux0akfwaz.jpg?w=1024.jpg

                “One day, you will be old.”
                —A lost George Romero film finally restored recently. About an hour long, it symbolically deals with the mistreatment of the elderly by showing different scenarios in an amusement park.

                Wilczyca [She-Wolf] (1983)
                WILCZYCA_POL_740x.jpg?v=1612732692.jpg
                “What does she want from me, for God’s sake? It’s true I beat her and called her b***h. And she said, ‘I won’t be a b***h, but a she-wolf.’”
                —Polish werewolf movie I picked for the Sturgeon (super)moon. Demonic curse-based period piece.

                Comment


                • Hey Big Daddy Dave, I might have found a movie for you...

                  Deep Freeze (you can see it for free on YT)
                  https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1XmKoTmJcpk

                  It is recommended for fans of the Thing, although Deep Freeze has a concrete antagonist, but i see the similarities. I just finished watching it. For a cheapie Knock Off, its rather good.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                    Tubi has a great selection for being a free (with ads) app. I use them frequently they have a lot of MST3K/Rifftrax and a lot of real cult movies.
                    They also have a lot of pure shit movies that were made on a budget of $100. I like the fact that they basically have all the ScyFy movies, but when you get lower than ScyFy, you should realize your movie should just stay in the closet.

                    That being said, I have found a lot of great movies on Tubi, and I've come across the Rifftrax stuff in my travels.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                      Unforgiven (1992)
                      e90c5988-7872-4a51-92ac-77b64fc22443_1.ccadb66194f8e892b22f1ae19b48d590.jpeg?odnHeight=612&odnWidth=612&odnBg=FFFFFF.jpg

                      “I heard that one myself, Bob. Hell, I even thought I was dead 'til I found out it was just that I was in Nebraska.”
                      —30th anniversary.

                      [Joe Bob Briggs’ The Last Drive-In:] The Love Witch (2016)
                      lw-2.jpg

                      “Men are like children.”

                      [Rifftrax Live:] Amityville Horror 4: The Evil Escapes (1989/2021)
                      RiffTraxLiveAmityville_1920x1080Social_2.jpg

                      “Amityville 4 was a book first, huh? So, this is like the movie adaptation of the novelization of the sequel to a movie.
                      -All the best ones are.”

                      Needful Things (1993)
                      Needful-Things-Movie-Poster-1993.jpg

                      “I'm afraid I have a tendency to turn up the heat.”

                      Green Lantern: Beware My Power (2022)
                      IMG_8108.jpg

                      “Of all the hokey, lame-a** things . . . ”
                      —Thoughts in the appropriate thread.




                      Tubi has a great selection for being a free (with ads) app. I use them frequently they have a lot of MST3K/Rifftrax and a lot of real cult movies.



                      Disappointed to hear about the CGI face, but hearing so much good that I'm still looking forward to seeing this.
                      Theres going to be a version where they speak in the cameche language. Not sure when itll be released but sounds cool
                      .................................................. ..........................

                      Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

                      Comment


                      • Female Prisoner #701: Scorpion (1972)
                        Female_Prisoner_701-Scorpion.jpg

                        “To be deceived is a woman’s crime.”
                        —First of four movies based on a manga series about a misused woman sent to prison and seeking revenge.

                        Friday the 13th Part III (1982)
                        latest?cb=20091104231801.jpg

                        “Is that all you're gonna do this weekend? Smoke dope?”
                        —40th anniversary.

                        Fast Times at Ridgemont High (1982)
                        b63727tv8t6.jpg

                        “That kid's been stoned since the third grade.”
                        —40th anniversary. Forgot how good the soundtrack is.

                        Men in Black 2 (2002)
                        latest?cb=20130609021853.jpg

                        “Thank you for participating in our drill. Had this been an actual emergency, y’all would have been eaten. ‘Cause you don’t listen! You’re ignorant!”
                        —Watching the first made me want to re-watch this (maybe for the first time since it was out) while I have Instant Netflix.

                        Steel (1997)
                        Steel-Shaq.png?ssl=1.png

                        “Eat the hot dog, don't be one!”
                        —Who celebrates the 25th anniversary of this film? This guy.

                        Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                        Theres going to be a version where they speak in the cameche language. Not sure when itll be released but sounds cool
                        I heard originally that they filmed in both, but now I'm hearing (like a lot) that the Comanche track is only a dub.

                        Comment


                        • Wes Craven Presents: Dracula 2000 (2000)

                          Comment


                          • Rundown (2003)
                            The-Rundown-1.jpg

                            “Do I look like Santa Claus?”

                            Prey (2022)
                            prey-2022-hulu-review-predator-prequel-1200x900.jpg

                            “I'm smarter than a beaver.”

                            [Rifftrax:] Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back [Special Edition] (1979/1997/2009)
                            EmpireStrikesWebA.jpg

                            “Here come the long-term-companion bots.”

                            Deliverance (1972)
                            deliverance.jpg

                            “I don't believe in insurance. There's no risk.”
                            —50th anniversary.

                            Mimic (1997)
                            mimic.jpg

                            “Can I eat it or will it eat me?
                            —25th anniversary

                            Comment


                            • Caved and started watching American horror story. Finished s1. Fun show
                              .................................................. ..........................

                              Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
                                Caved and started watching American horror story. Finished s1. Fun show
                                Its wierd that the makers of glee have such fucked up minds with some of the stories theyve done. My wife watches it and Ive seen a few of them but I cant get into it enough to watch full seasons though.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X