The Doctor Who Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• + YouTube Video
    ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

CANNOT....STOP.....LISTENING!!!!!!!

Originally posted by Avatar Aang
    When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Comment

• 2500 post
      Winner of THE INFAMOUS PEOPLE DRAFT 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by ns2 View Post

2500 post

And well done on the post count, dude.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Andrea View Post
          This does NOT stop being HILARIOUS. Especially because I keep reading it in his voice.
          [center]

Originally posted by W.West
          DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!

Comment

• The clone thing has already been done.
            Time,Space and Will Power

Comment

• I know I just posted but I found this and wondered if anyone could update it with Matt Smith. If I didn't know any better it looks like he's getting younger.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lantern of Gallifrey View Post

I know I just posted but I found this and wondered if anyone could update it with Matt Smith. If I didn't know any better it looks like he's getting younger.
                Younger to 5 or 6, older again with 7, younger to 8, older to 9 then younger to 10 and 11.
                Sadly it's more a statement of the times, no longer are doctors picked because they exude the wisdom which comes with age, but rather a youth that their main audience can identify with.

What does it say about me that my favourite Doctor is 7; a grumpy, middle-aged, eccentric clown?
                Minimum space distance:
                a|<- ≥2mm ->|lot
                ----------------------------------------------------------

Stormageddon added by Kuhan

Comment

• That ending was more than a little fucked up, nice to see Moffat going the extra mile there.

The question now is when Amy and her doppleganger were swapped. My initial thoughts were during the events of the Impossible Astronaut/Day of the Moon because Amy, at that point, was suffering from morning sickness which doesn't tend to last further than a couple of months into the pregnancy, there's also the 3 month separation between her telling the Doctor, in TIA, she thought she was pregnant, then telling him in DotM she was mistaken.

But I'm more inclined with a bit more thought that it was before 'Amy's Choice' last season and the doppleganger's connection influenced the dream and the morning sickness was either just there for dramatic effect, rather than biological accuracy, or the effect of Amy being in one time and her doppleganger being in another delayed effects in the doppleganger a bit.

ETA: I'm probably wrong. If she was about a month pregnant in TIA, by DotM she would have been 4 months gone. I'm not sure I believe that another 4 or 5 months have passed since those episodes though.

spoilers: did anyone else catch on to the Doctors' switching within seconds of seeing them together?
                  chivalrous
                  Corps Honor Guard
                  Last edited by chivalrous; 05-28-2011, 09:28 PM.
                  Minimum space distance:
                  a|<- ≥2mm ->|lot
                  ----------------------------------------------------------

Stormageddon added by Kuhan

Comment

• -Rational arguments are inherently highly ineffective against irrational beliefs.
                    -Marriage is not heterosexual privilege, but rather a civil right.

-"My objection to religious belief is not that it is universally harmful but, simply, that it is false."

Comment

• I have some small spoilers and images that I have found.

http://www.denofgeek.com/television/...es_to_war.html

and a video
                      http://www.denofgeek.com/television/...es_to_war.html
                      sorry it's only for people that live in the uk
                      enjoy

Comment

• Possible Spoiler ...

IMDB has a cast list online for Episode 13 of this season,

If accurate that means that the season ender will have 3 Doctors ....

Darth_Andrea

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth_Andrea View Post
                          Possible Spoiler ...

IMDB has a cast list online for Episode 13 of this season,

If accurate that means that the season ender will have 3 Doctors ....

Darth_Andrea
                          OMG!!!! THAT CAST IS AWESOME. Hope it turns out to be true

Comment

• I'm pretty sure David Tennant (and Tom Baker) would be counted among the cast for Episode 6 as well, though Tennant was "archival" but Baker's "Would you like a Jelly Baby" was recorded specifically for the episode.

Originally posted by chivalrous View Post
                            That ending was more than a little fucked up, nice to see Moffat going the extra mile there.

The question now is when Amy and her doppleganger were swapped. My initial thoughts were during the events of the Impossible Astronaut/Day of the Moon because Amy, at that point, was suffering from morning sickness which doesn't tend to last further than a couple of months into the pregnancy, there's also the 3 month separation between her telling the Doctor, in TIA, she thought she was pregnant, then telling him in DotM she was mistaken.

But I'm more inclined with a bit more thought that it was before 'Amy's Choice' last season and the doppleganger's connection influenced the dream and the morning sickness was either just there for dramatic effect, rather than biological accuracy, or the effect of Amy being in one time and her doppleganger being in another delayed effects in the doppleganger a bit.

ETA: I'm probably wrong. If she was about a month pregnant in TIA, by DotM she would have been 4 months gone. I'm not sure I believe that another 4 or 5 months have passed since those episodes though.
                            I'm pretty sure somebody said she's been replaced all season. I think it just happened between Series 5 and 6.
                            spoilers: did anyone else catch on to the Doctors' switching within seconds of seeing them together?
                            I kind of did, but I wasn't sure of it.
                            Originally posted by Power Ring View Post
                            LOL
                            [center]

Originally posted by W.West
                            DID ANYONE READ THE ARTICLE?!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Power Ring View Post
                              soooooooooooo................... your saying there's hope for me

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

• I know that I could watch the new episode online but it sucks that it wasn't on this past weekend. I just scrolled up and saw the cast for episode 13. I hope that its all true.
                                Lantern of Gallifrey
                                Senior Corps Member
                                Last edited by Lantern of Gallifrey; 05-31-2011, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X