Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So is everybody in the Justice League required to wear the same collar (even if their uniform doesn't have a neck)? I just noticed that GL, Aquaman, Superman, AND Wonder Woman all have essentially the same collar in that pic.

Comment

Very much DOUBT this is temporary. This is a lot of trouble to go through to say..."Nah".

BRING BACK CAPTAIN MARVEL

Comment

Just tell me we won't be getting new origins...

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew NDB View Post
          In any case, I'm thrilled about this. I'm way behind in organizing my comics and comic boxes... this will give me a nice buffer of time in which to do so in which I won't be adding to the piles.
          I'm not saying I'm planning on jumping ship at this point, but I did have the idea that DC better know what they are doing, because it occurred to me that making a line-wide, convenient "jumping on" point also provides an equally convenient, line-wide "jumping off" point.

Comment

If these characters become younger does that mean their sidekicks won't exist anymore

No more Damian Wayne

No more Batman Inc

What will happened to proposed JLI and Batwoman
            Winner of THE INFAMOUS PEOPLE DRAFT 2011

Comment

Originally posted by chosenone85 View Post
              i just dont understand this at all! what was the point of stories like "brightest day" and "war of the green lanterns" where the effects will shape the future of everything from that point on?? its like we're reading these stories for nothing now. with this reboot im sure stories like "Reign of Superman", "Sinestro Corp War", "Knightfall" etc never existed!
              They'll still exist just not be in the current continuity. It also gives writers a chance to go back and introduce characters like Connor Kent outside of the Death of Superman arc, which could help push more DC characters on the big screen, especially those who are really bogged down with so much history. For example, if they introduced the color spectrum out right completely as it always existed without having to go through SCW or RotRL or even BN, then you open up the possibilities of using those adaptations for the big or small screen.

Two quick thoughts:

* Without a shadow of a doubt it's temporary. If it's not, it'll become relegated to some kind of sub-imprint after when the regular DCU comes back.

* If they're bothering with something like this, what is the point of the Earth-1 projects?
              Maybe that is why we haven't seen Earth 1 Batman yet? Maybe some of Earth 1 Superman will be melded into this? If it is overly successful I wonder just how temporary it'll be.

Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
              Except the "S" on Superman is forward...
              I noticed that. Ugh, I really hope that he isn't left handed. I liked that Sinestro had that over the rest of the GLs.

In any case, I'm thrilled about this. I'm way behind in organizing my comics and comic boxes... this will give me a nice buffer of time in which to do so in which I won't be adding to the piles.
              I'm happy about it from that standpoint but I'm kind of worried that they'll give us some of the exact same story arcs only told the way Johns would tell it or the way Lee would draw it. It just seems like such an extreme move even in the temporary. Even just knowing they'll go through new origins again for all characters is a little off-putting.

Comment

Originally posted by JAredLantern View Post
                Just tell me we won't be getting new origins...
                In addition, the new #1s will introduce readers to a more modern, diverse DC Universe, with some character variations in appearance, origin and age.
                So yeah, SOME degree of new origins for some characters at least.

Comment

* If they're bothering with something like this, what is the point of the Earth-1 projects?
                  I don't think the point of Earth-1 was ever to establish a new world but just the format in which it was delivered to the market. A graphic novel on a classic character with a big tweak in the story.

Comment

The New Superman #1

In Superman #1, launching in September, we will see what appears to be a new uniform for Superman. Based on the usual style, but more segmented with scores, seams or raised lines running across and around his arms, legs and torso. Kneepads as part of a segmented bulky boot. And a belt that reflects the Superman shield shape. And involvement in some form by George Perez. I’m also told Rags Morales may be involved with Action Comics #1.

And moreover, I’m also told Superman appears younger than we’ve seen him of late, almost Superboyish. Ultimate Superman?

Comment

So yeah, SOME degree of new origins for some characters at least.
                      yeah for the characters that didnt have their own stories going, that makes sense.. but just not across the board.

Where is Grant Morrison going to fit into this. I feel like this is something he would have said 2 years ago and got kicked in the head for it.

Comment

Originally posted by twoeightonefour View Post
                        His left hand looks to be glowing from what I can see but I wonder if the image is flipped. It happens from time to time with articles.
                        His entire silhouette has his "green aura"... it's only his left hand that sticks out because there's no other characters or his own body behind it.

Comment

How many titles are there now? If this will result in 52 #1 issues, is that an expansion or contraction of the line?

Will we still have Emerald Warriors? Or Green Lantern Corps? What about the Red Lantern title (not that I thought it was the best idea for an ongoing)?

Comment

A reply to the other thread

Riiiiight. Because the fact that there hasn't EVER been "a consistent editorial vison that is maintained" before shouldn't make us pessimistic about it magically happening now....

"A consistent editorial vision that is maintained" would have been the answer to any number of problems at MANY points in DC's history, WITHOUT the gimmick of simultaneously restarting every title. Pardon me if I don't have a great deal of confidence that this is going to actually result in that, rather than being a gimmick which will be discarded, piecemeal, down the road.
                            I know I know... this will most likely suck...

but I'm an optimist! Haven't you noticed?

Comment

GJ prob got tired of GL fans complaining about continuity
                              Winner of THE INFAMOUS PEOPLE DRAFT 2011

Comment

The USA Today article only has that one shot of Aquaman, Wondy, Superman and Hal any other pics made their way to the web yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X