• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zombieland: Double Tap (2019)

Comment

• The Quiet Duel (1949)
      Quiet_Duel_poster1.jpg

“If he had been happy, he might have become just a snob.”
      —Kurosawa drama about a doctor who contracts syphilis from a wartime surgical accident and then forestalls his fiancé for years for conscience’s sake.

Despicable Me 2 (2013)
      yKcdrRqR5Wqi5Z4Hwmrsp8k8ceI.jpg

“I wasn’t expecting that. Or was I?”
      —10th anniversary.

Comment

• I watched Star Trek The Motion Picture last night before I went to sleep. It was just as visually weird and awesome as I remember. I watched it over on Comet TV, who is doing their first annual CometFest through the weekend. The channel can be watched live on their site, or through their app called Stirr.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Noir Movies! Late Night Every Saturday http://moviestvnetwork.com/noir

Comment

• It's worth a look for the tshirt giveaway if nothing else.
          Hey there fellow sci-fi fans! Are you ready to blast off into the final frontier with the original STAR TREK movies on COMET? Then join us for COMET FEST – it’s going to be out of this world! Enter to win an awesome limited-edition COMET FEST t-shirt and tune-in to COMET JUNE 16th – 18th...

Comment

• The Pez Outlaw (2022)
            the-pez-outlaw-coming-to-netflix.png
            "If you're lucky like me, you married your therapist."
            —Quirky documentary of a man who managed to make a living for a while making backdoor deals to bring European-only Pez machines here.

Originally posted by Red Lantern Djs View Post
            I watched Star Trek The Motion Picture last night before I went to sleep. It was just as visually weird and awesome as I remember. I watched it over on Comet TV, who is doing their first annual CometFest through the weekend. The channel can be watched live on their site, or through their app called Stirr.
            I think TMP is underrated. It's not my favorite of the movies, but in many ways it's the most Trek of the movies. The others got more action-oriented and cinematic but this was more cerebral like the show (in fact part of the plot is borrowed from a TOS episode).

Comment

• It's been a long while since I posted here, so I could probably list a ton of films, but I won't. Here are just the last few movies I've watched.

Knock at the Cabin - Great bottle film with an excellent cast and premise. Probably my new favorite Shyamalan movie.

Quantumania - Kinda overwrought, imo, and felt more like a Guardians film than an Ant-Man one, but still okay.

Bullet Train - Insanely awesome ensemble thrill ride of an action comedy. Highly recommended.

Mandy - Crazy artistic cult drama turns to vengeful action violence and makes it work.

I've also been watching a ton of Star Trek lately. Been making my way through TNG and just got to the point in season six where I've started DS9 season one to watch them in tandem. I'm pretty sure I saw all of TNG/DS9/Voyager as a kid, but rewatching them now in my thirties, I am appreciating them far more than I ever could before. I'm basically doing a full TNG era viewing in chronological order, and will be topping it all off with Picard, as season three of that is the only thing I haven't seen, yet.
              Do good. Be well. Make happy.

Comment

• Born to Fight (1986)
                u35385tspur.jpg
                "Why didn't you tell me I wasn't wearing pants?"
                So so Thai martial arts movie with good fights. Most notable for being made by the mentor of future fight star Tony Jaa.

Comment

• Green Lantern: Beware My Power (2022)

Man, I cannot even believe I'd never even heard of this movie until now! Thoughts when it's finished.
                  You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                  This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• seen The Flash the other day, didn't want to like it cause of what the actor did BUT.............. i did and am planing on buying the DvD when it comes out

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

• Superman III (1983)
                      8f81a22173301247a647e2738cf447a1.jpg

“Well I hope you don't expect me to save you, ‘cause I don’t do that anymore.”
                      —40th anniversary. Love that 80s approach that computers basically do magic if you’re good with them.

High Tension (2003)
                      High-Tension-2003-movie-6.jpg

“I won’t let anyone come between us anymore.”
                      —20th anniversary.

Charlie’s Angels: Full Throttle (2003)
                      c8d0e97ceeb2f7bcb612c199efdff2a4.jpg

“Angels are like diamonds. They can’t be made, you have to find them. Each one is unique.”
                      —20th anniversary.

Comment

• Originally posted by IonFan View Post
                        seen The Flash the other day, didn't want to like it cause of what the actor did BUT.............. i did and am planing on buying the DvD when it comes out
                        I'm happy that you liked it. I watched the first 15 minutes of it after reading this & it does look like a fun movie. Falling babies? That was crazy. I'll be sure to finish it up later tonight or in the morning. I hadn't heard of the actor before, so I checked him out. Wow lol

Comment

• Jason and the Argonauts (1963)
                          full.jasonandtheargonauts_3301__50351.1655319905.jpg?c=2.jpg

“If I meet a girl with a firm leg, a full bosom and a warm heart, let no man try and stop me.”
                          —60th anniversary.

Comment

• The Flash

flashposter_1.jpg

Fantastic film despite Ezra Miller -- he's actually really good in it, its just a shame that he became such a mess of a person in the last couple of years. The new ending they shot a few months ago after Batgirl got canned was extremely unexpected (and I can't imagine that they'll even try to hold to it for the DCU going forward), but it was still only the second most unexpected moment of the film. This one will undoubtedly get a lot of rewatching once it hits home video, if only to catch all the oddities in the speed force sequences, but it's also just a good fun movie worth rewatching in general. Every DC fan is almost guaranteed to enjoy it. In reality, if it weren't for the Ezra Miller boycott killing it at the box office, it would likely have been sure to bust all the blocks, but such are the consequences of an unstable actor in this day and age.
                            Do good. Be well. Make happy.

Comment

• [Mystery Science Theater 3000:] Ator: The Fighting Eagle (1982/2018)
                              MST3K_Season12_Ator_3.jpg
                              “They died as they lived, covered in yak fur.”

Comment

• The Invisible Man (2020)

Comment

Working...
                                X