Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Gamer Thread Vol. 5 (General Gaming News & Discussion)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I watched Angry Joe's rant about Cyberpunk being a disaster. Hurts to see the game and CDPR turn out like this because the game did look amazing and I wanted a sci-fi-themed game to play, especially when I eventually get the current console(s). (Of course, it'll probably be markedly improved by then). It is bullshit that so many companies nowadays insist on releasing broken products with the promise of fixing them after they've made a fortune; Jim Sterling was right when he said the game should be delayed for three years.

And in other news, I probably will need to buy and install a new disc drive for my PS4 because the current one is getting pretty weak.
    Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• The Golden Bullet global event for Division 2 is pretty fun.

I suddenly lost power right when I completed a timed mission. I couldn't have been more shocked if I'd won the fucking lottery. Nothing seems to be damaged in either external hard drive saves/files or anything else I think.

Thank fucking god the game recorded my data when it did. I completed the Viper League challenges enough to earn the backpack trophy. Now I can focus on the global event (the Golden Gun trophy is actually very nice, brings the Bond factor).

Comment

• Completed the Golden Bullet challenges and unlocked the Golden Gun backpack trophy (which does resemble the Golden Gun from the old Bond film rather nicely).

Still cannot get the goddamn Mantis exotic sniper.

Just beat the Summit after weeks of grinding. Only beat it on normal but I don't care, I got the Adamant and Julmust Hunter masks, the patch, and the teal dye. Also got the Ridgeway's Pride pieces all in one big go and now have the project on its second stage (donating faction lock box keys and killing named enemies). I should have it unlocked in the next week probably.

Golden Bullet event has also motivated me to go after the harder weekly bounties which I used to always ignore. It'll help me clear the Pride project's requirements.

edit -- Spent a little while grinding named enemies, so now I only have two Hunters to kill for the vest. Thankfully I hadn't yet done any of the New York Hunters so I can focus on them this week.

And a final bonus: beating the Summit raised me to rank 100 on the season pass. I plan to buy the premium pass for the bonus rewards soon because some are just too good to pass up.

edit -- got the exotic, only issue was getting two Hunters. Spawned the Camo Hunter but he shredded me (I still had world difficulty on challenging) so I just redid the first half of Schaeffer's manhunt twice on normal (Deceit Hunter was still a pain in the neck to kill).
        Agent Purple
        The Illustrated Man
        Last edited by Agent Purple; 12-29-2020, 03:30 AM.

Comment

• Working on Rayman: Origins again with my wife. Its a lot of fun, especially co-op. We've made quite a bit of progress, but apparently didn't even unlock the final boss previously.

We skipped over to Legends for a while and got a couple gold trophies and a bunch of others. I don't I'll get the platinum in this one.

Comment

• I’ve been using the time I normally would game to read some more or watch the commentaries and special features on my blu rays. I even let my XBox Live expire. I’ll probably get back into it when I get Hitman Season 3 (which has become the franchise I get the most into), but it won’t be first day (the 20th).

Comment

• My dad convinced me to upgrade open world difficulty in Division 2 from challenging to heroic. Enemies are certainly more difficult to deal with, loot is basically the same at the moment (nothing I want can be farmed outside of missions), but things should improve. I did the second manhunt target for this season, but apparently he's bugging heavily on all platforms both in his bounty selection screen and in combat, where he slides across the floor, Moonwalks, does Linda Blair impressions, and other weird-ass shenanigans. Amusing but unnecessary.

I did buy a premium credit bundle and the season 4 pass, so I did receive a number of nice gear pieces and weapons (sadly still missing the one exotic sniper rifle). Classified Assignments are still off-limits without the Year One Pass, so I'm still unable to access them (I've seen plenty of pass holders argue the content should just be released to the general playerbase by now, maybe that'll change, but doubtful).

I'm starting to lose interest in Destiny 2. Without Beyond Light there's not significant reason for me to play, and I'm almost done unlocking the Crucible armor for each class (haven't touched Gambit yet, maybe soon). At least dropping out of that for a while will give me time to play other games.

Comment

• Never expected that I'd speedrun a mission on challenging but I did, blitzing through District Union Arena in only 11:38 when I needed 25:00 to get top points. I wasn't even using the Lady Death exotic SMG that grants boosted movement speed on kill. I checked the leaderboards and sweet Jesus, people have shredded it in barely six-minute runs!

Comment

• Modeled a weaksauce version of NothingButSkillz's Scorpio build, and tried my luck on Heroic Lincoln Memorial. Good lord, I burned through that in barely more than ten minutes! I had some close calls and I didn't run into any Rogue Agent NPCs, but I'm still very impressed. I'll keep my eye out for better gear but I think this is the build I'll use often from now on (though I have to be careful since open world enemies have been flanking me aggressively and melting my armor).

edit -- Been working through the New York missions with two builds, one rifle so that I can get 20 headshot kills, and the other with the Scorpio exotic shotgun so that I can murder the hell out of NPCs. Lets me get two commendations in one go while also completing gradually the one for completing each mission on hard ten times. Gives me plenty of practice with the Scorpio so that fairly soon I should be able to do the more difficult weekly bounties without too much trouble.
                  Agent Purple
                  The Illustrated Man
                  Last edited by Agent Purple; 01-10-2021, 10:32 PM.

Comment

• Bethseda is doing a Indiana Jones game. Teaser is online
                    .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Lucas film ended its deal with ea for exclusive rights to do star wars games. Its being reported ubisoft responsible for assassins creed is doing a open world star wars game. As a assassin creed fan im excited
                      TazzMission
                      Guardian of the Universe
                      Last edited by TazzMission; 01-13-2021, 06:11 PM.
                      .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Destiny 2 is getting rid of the token system in season 13, so I decided to spend my 6,300 Crucible coins to try and get the one emblem I really desired since the game launched something like 3 years ago.

Spend half an hour or so exchanging tokens and deleting junk I don't need before the emblem finally drops. Halle-fucking-lujah. Only took several years and approximately twelve thousand fucking tokens.

Oh, and EA has lost exclusivity of the Star Wars license, so Ubisoft is developing an open-world game on the IP now.

Comment

• Downloaded Sonic Mania after watching dunkey's review. Goddamn this game is a blessing after a long drought.

Comment

• Apparently the "Codename Nightmare" event for Division 2 has been leaked: it's a crossover between Resident Evil and The Division in honor of RE's 25th anniversary. Should be pretty good even for an apparel-only event.

Comment

• And in terrible news, Microsoft decided it wasn't rich and petty enough so it has now doubled Xbox Live Gold subscription rates from $60 to $120.

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                                And in terrible news, Microsoft decided it wasn't rich and petty enough so it has now doubled Xbox Live Gold subscription rates from $60 to $120.
                                You’re kidding?! And I had let it lapse. I was in a dormant phase to save some money. Now it looks like that decision cost me $60 (I assume it would’ve still counted if I had subscribed before January when it expired). XBL is not worth $10 a month unless they get much better quality free monthly games.

Comment

Working...
                                X