Mister.Weirdo's Memorial Thread For Those Who Will NOT Be Down For Breakfast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Trey Strain View Post
    Nichelle Nichols had had dementia for a while.
    Yes, and sadly she was being treated horribly by her support care.

Comment

• Sorry to hear about the passing of Nichelle Nichols. I never got to meet her in person, but did interact with her in a way that showed what a special soul she was and I hope you'll indulge my wanting to share it.

Years ago I ran a Star Trek fan club, and when local girl turned astronaut Eileen Collins became the first female space shuttle pilot our proud hometown wanted to honor her with a parade. Eileen was inspired by the Uhura character, so we were allowed to walk in the parade, and I wanted to present her with something from the show. However, Paramount Pictures was unwilling to send us anything to give to her.

The story was shared with Nichelle, who at the time had just published her autobiography. One night I received a phone call from a woman claiming to be Ms. Nichols, and at first I thought someone was putting me on. The more we talked the more I realized she was the real thing! She's called my mother trying to track me down and my mom gave her my number. Nichelle ended up overnighting a signed copy of the book to give to Eileen so that we had something to give her as a token of appreciation.

She was a classy woman who will be missed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post
        https://heavy.com/entertainment/star...ls-uhura-dies/

Nichelle Nichols, the multi-talented actress, singer, and civil rights pioneer, has died today, according to a post on her official website. Nichols, who rocketed to worldwide fame, thanks to her iconic role of Uhura from “Star Trek” in the 1960s, and later on “The Animated Series” and the six feature films which followed, was remembered by her son, Kyle Johnson.

“I regret to inform you that a great light in the firmament no longer shines for us as it has for so many years,” Johnson wrote on the official website, Uhura.com.

“Last night, my mother, Nichelle Nichols, succumbed to natural causes and passed away,” wrote Johnson. “Her light, however, like the ancient galaxies now being seen for the first time, will remain for us and future generations to enjoy, learn from, and draw inspiration.”

Dmn another one of the greats has left us, not that long ago me and my girl were talking about her and all that she's done, RIP to her and all my love to her friends and family SHE WILL BE MISSED

IonFan says

MAGA then, MAGA now, MAGA FOREVER

Comment

• https://news.yahoo.com/burt-metcalfe...010530730.html

Burt Metcalfe, the revered TV producer who worked on all 11 seasons of “MASH,” died July 27 in Los Angeles. He was 87.

Metcalfe was an actor turned director-producer who was recruited to work on “MASH” by director Gene Reynolds, who launched the series adaptation of Robert Altman’s 1970 black comedy released by 20th Century Fox. Metcalfe started out as an associate producer and rose to showrunner for the show’s final six seasons. He also directed 31 episodes of the series’ 251 installments.

Comment

• Had to stop by and pay my respects to Ms. Nichols. Godspeed, Lt. Uhura.

Comment

Yes, and sadly she was being treated horribly by her support care.
              Sadly thats really common. It makes you wonder what makes a person do that
              .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• At least her son seems to have got her out of that. So, hopefully her final days were better than when that was going on.

Comment

• https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/news/th...d=winp2sv1plus

Heather Gray, executive producer and showrunner on CBS’ daytime panel show ‘The Talk’, has died aged 50. She passed away “suddenly” after battling an “unforgiving disease”, with her death confirmed on Sunday (31.07.22) by CBS.

Comment

• https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...es-95-87800194

Mo Ostin, a self-effacing giant of the music business who with rare integrity presided over Warner Bros. Records’ rise to a sprawling, billion-dollar empire and helped discover and nurture artists from Jimi Hendrix to Green Day, has died. He was 95.

Warner Records said Ostin, a member of the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, died Sunday “peacefully in his sleep.” In a statement, the company called him “one of the greatest record men of all time.”

“He remained a tireless champion of creative freedom, both for the talent he nurtured and the people who worked for him. Mo lived an extraordinary life doing what he loved, and he will be deeply missed throughout the industry he helped create, and by the countless artists and colleagues whom he inspired to be their best selves,” said Tom Corson, co-chairman and COO, and Aaron Bay-Schuck, co-chairman and CEO, in the statement.

Short and bald and mild in demeanor, “Chairman Mo” was never as famous as such rival moguls as Clive Davis or Walter Yetnikoff, but few equaled his power or prestige as rock music officially became big business. For decades, Ostin thrived on the simple, underused idea of taking on talented and original performers and letting them remain talented and original, whether Hendrix and Neil Young, Fleetwood Mac and Paul Simon, or R.E.M. and Green Day.

Comment

• https://sports.yahoo.com/legendary-d...032152028.html

Vin Scully, the legendary broadcaster who spent 67 years as the golden-throated voice of the Brooklyn and Los Angeles Dodgers, has died. He was 94 years old. The Dodgers announced his death on Tuesday. A cause of death was not initially noted.

Comment

https://sports.yahoo.com/legendary-d...032152028.html

Vin Scully, the legendary broadcaster who spent 67 years as the golden-throated voice of the Brooklyn and Los Angeles Dodgers, has died. He was 94 years old. The Dodgers announced his death on Tuesday. A cause of death was not initially noted.
                        I'm not a baseball fan, but Vin Scully was revered in the sport. He was synonymous with the Los Angeles Dodgers. He announced their games for an astonishing 66 years, starting with them when they were based in Brooklyn.

Comment

• https://news.yahoo.com/judith-durham...190159891.html

Judith Durham, the Australian folk hero who recorded worldwide hits with the Sixties band the Seekers, has died at the age of 79.

Universal Music Australia confirmed to the Associated Press that Durham died Friday at a Melbourne hospital following a battle with the lung disease bronchiectasis.

Comment

• Clu Gulager, RIP.

He was a unique and talented actor, and one of the last surviving stars of television's Age of Westerns. If you want to see him give a strong performance, catch the 1964 remake of The Killers. He and Lee Marvin are excellent in it. It also features Ronald Reagan's last film role.

​​​​​​https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/clu...ad-1235335294/

Comment

• RIP to Mr. Gulager.

https://comicbook.com/horror/news/cl...0passed%20away.

Clu Gulager, a character actor best known for appearing in horror films and westerns throughout his long career, has passed away. Word of his passing had been spreading around social media and now The Hollywood Reporter brings confirmation of his death. According to the trade, Gulager died at his Los Angeles home on Friday of natural causes, his son John confirmed the news. Born November 16, 1928 in Holdenville, Oklahoma, Gulager made a name for himself for appearing in countless western TV shows like The Virginian and starring in horror movies like The Return of the Living Dead. He was 93 at the time of his death.

Gulager got his start on television, appearing in shows like The United States Steel Hour, Goodyear Playhouse, and Studio One in Hollywood. He got his big break playing Billy the Kid on The Tall Man for 75 episodes, later appearing on The Virginian as Emmet Ryker for over 100 episodes. His career would continue with guest spots on countless TV shows in the 1970s and 80s like Bonanza, Mod Squad, Hawaii Five-O, CHiPs, Knight Rider, Magnum P.I., Murder, She Wrote, and MacGyver. Having appeared in shows like The Virginian, FBI, and others, Gulager earned himself a place in Quenten Tarantino's Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, a movie that acted as a love letter to the era of television that he thrived in. The film marked his final role.

Comment

• A man who knew him told me Gulager disliked James Drury very much. For a long time he refused to attend fan conventions with the other cast members of The Virginian, and he declined to be interviewed for a book about the show. But within the past few years he reconciled with Drury and attended some conventions.

Comment

Working...
                                X