Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• /\ Ironically, the tale about the thing in the lake really freaked me out as well, and I was well into my teens when I saw it. I was scared shitless for a couple days after watching that, and I think what bothered me the most was that (I had thought) I'd built up a pretty strong tolerance to horror films at that point. The ending though was like the last nail in the coffin. I don't believe I have watched it since.

Comment

• Pretty sure I saw the first Creepshow as a kid, got freaked the hell out. Zombie old man wants his cake, Leslie Nielsen is murdering affair lovers on the beach, unhappy husband sacrifices wife to crate monster, and boy uses voodoo doll to murder dad.

The crate monster practically turned my hair white.
      Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
        Pretty sure I saw the first Creepshow as a kid, got freaked the hell out. Zombie old man wants his cake, Leslie Nielsen is murdering affair lovers on the beach, unhappy husband sacrifices wife to crate monster, and boy uses voodoo doll to murder dad.

The crate monster practically turned my hair white.
        I have that one too (of course ). The only reason I didn't pick it last night was because I wanted to watch something shorter (#1 has 5 stories and is just over 2 hrs while #2 only has 3 stories and clocks in just under 90 mins). I love the seaweed man revenge one you're talking about. And Stephen King didn't do bad as the farmer who unwillingly becomes a plant.

Comment

• Yeah, that plant man ending was unsettling. Just seeing a moss person end himself as a kid was...well...
          Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Creepshow (1982)

"lt may be on some subjects that l'm not entirely sane."

Comment

• Red Tails (2012)

Comment

• Woodshock (1985)

"Where are the women? Where is the beer?"

Ghostheads (2016)

"Ghostbusters and the community within Ghostbuster became my support system and became my AA meetings."

Ever since the wild success of Trekkies, there have been dozens of these documentaries about fandoms, so Ghostbusters got one too. Not bad.
                Space Cop
                The Dandy
                Last edited by Space Cop; 08-06-2016, 01:16 PM.

Comment

• The Cabin In The Woods (2012)

Comment

• Vulgar (2000)

"I'm gonna make hate to you."

Mallrats (1995)

"You took me where you went shopping, you jerk! You think I care what store in that shitpit dirt mall has the latest Godzilla bootlegs? Do you call eating pizza in the same dive pizzeria every night eating out? Do I give a s**t when two major comic book labels are crossing over characters, selling two editions of the same book in varied-ink chromium covers? I'm a girl, d**n it!"
                    Space Cop
                    The Dandy
                    Last edited by Space Cop; 08-06-2016, 01:17 PM.

Comment

• The Grey (2012)

Comment

• Amen. (2002)

"The Jews are being persecuted in Germany and the world doesn't care."

This was a very good and very sad movie about an SS engineer and a priest who try to get public information and denunciation of the holocaust. It comes down pretty hard on the Vatican (for its inaction and mixed priorities) and apparently the original play was quite controversial.

Suicide Squad (2016)

"I'm not a hugger."
                        Space Cop
                        The Dandy
                        Last edited by Space Cop; 08-06-2016, 01:16 PM.

Comment

• World War Z: Unrated Cut (2013)

Comment

• Crocodile Dundee (1986)

"That's incredible. Imagine seven million people all wanting to live together. Yeah, New York must be the friendliest place on earth."

The Last Starfighter (1984)

"I told you, Alex! Me and my, how did you put it, "strange sexual urges" aren't talking to you anymore!"
                            Space Cop
                            The Dandy
                            Last edited by Space Cop; 08-08-2016, 01:02 AM.

Comment

• Jack The Giant Slayer (2013)

Comment

• Shogun (1980)

"I feel like a moth in a bottle."
                                Space Cop
                                The Dandy
                                Last edited by Space Cop; 08-08-2016, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X