Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There was a lot of tragedy in that family. Her father was an actor named Brad Weston who committed suicide. He was despondent over his wife's death and asked Heidi whether she wanted to go too.

Heidi's accident and the one on the set of the Twilight Zone movie that killed Vic Morrow and two children led to stronger safety measures being enacted on movie sets.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0901942/?ref_=nmbio_trv_4
    Trey Strain
    Guardian of the Universe
    Last edited by Trey Strain; 06-22-2021, 03:07 AM.

Comment

• Elvira's Haunted Hills (2001)

"Lucky for you, I come with my own air bags!"

20th anniversary. This is one I heard about way after it came out (direct to DVD), but now have a signed copy. In a way, that's good. It's definitely a play on Corman's Poe cycle and I don't think I had seen those films in 2001.

Comment

• Furious 9. As unrealistic it was i really enjoyed the story of dom and Jacob . Cena makes a solid villain Far better than 8. No lie i kind of want that furious and Jurassic world crossover to happen thats been covered on gma.._. A lot of unrealistic fun creativity in furious 9
        TazzMission
        Guardian of the Universe
        Last edited by TazzMission; 06-26-2021, 01:36 AM.
        .................................................. ..........................

Cnn = constant nasuating nonsense

Comment

• Mystery Science Theater 3000: Werewolf (1995/1998)

"You know, it's economical not to have a story line because then you can just film people saying things."

Seen this a bunch of times, but felt like something funny and special for the last super moon of the month last night.

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
          Furious 9. As unrealistic it was i really enjoyed the story of dom and Jacob . Cena makes a solid villain Far better than 8. No lie i kind of want that furious and Jurassic world crossover to happen thats been covered on gma.._. A lot of unrealistic fun creativity in furious 9
          Yeah, I'll probably try to get to the theater to see this. Pretty sure I've seen all but #1 (I think) and 3 in cinema.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post

Yeah, I'll probably try to get to the theater to see this. Pretty sure I've seen all but #1 (I think) and 3 in cinema.
            I hated 2 fast 2 furious, Tokyo drift, and fate of the furious but ilike the rest. 9 has a solid prequel story. 11 is the final one supposedly

Comment

• Shaft (1971)

"You got problems, baby?
              -Heh. Yeah, I got a couple of 'em. I was born black and I was born poor."

The film that saved MGM and started the blaxploitation craze* turned 50 today. Forgot how well done (in terms of directing, editing, most of the acting, etc) this was compared to a lot of lesser entries in the genre.

*Sweet Sweetback's Baadasssss Song actually beat it to theaters but was never as mainstream.

Originally posted by TazzMission View Post
              I hated 2 fast 2 furious, Tokyo drift, and fate of the furious but ilike the rest. 9 has a solid prequel story. 11 is the final one supposedly
              I heard that too. I disliked Tokyo Drift the first time, but on re-watch have come to really enjoy it. I might be swayed by a love of all things Japanese, though.
              Space Cop
              The Dandy
              Last edited by Space Cop; 06-26-2021, 03:33 AM.

Comment

Shaft (1971)
                [IMG]

I heard that too. I disliked Tokyo Drift the first time, but on re-watch have come to really enjoy it. I might be swayed by a love of all things Japanese, though.
                Im just surprised they haven't done a crossover for fast and furious and godzilla . The franchise became a living comic book wich im not complaining at all. Jusin lin should take over transformers. Id actually be curious to see what he do with it. Hes like the longest director for the fast saga from like fast 5 6 7 9. His action scenes really are creative
                TazzMission
                Guardian of the Universe
                Last edited by TazzMission; 06-26-2021, 03:39 AM.

Comment

• Wrongfully Accused (1998)

“My head is spinning like a dreidel in a sandstorm.”

A lesser spoof starring Nielsen, but with some good bits. Watched because I hadn’t seen it and it was part of a set I picked up from my local library.

Comment

• I need to watch that again; saw the train clip on YouTube recently and was reminded of just how amusing some of the content is.

Take the Money and Run (1969)

"For several hours he was turned into a rabbi."

I haven't seen probably any Woody Allen films aside from brief clips, so I put a few in scattered areas on my Netflix list. My dad saw this ages ago but still was entertained.

I gotta admit that this is definitely a good film. The jokes are absurd as hell, the acting is good, and I liked the documentary style, which helped sell a lot of the humor.

I have What's Up, Tiger Lily? in a couple weeks and I should probably ass Bananas to the list.
                    Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Watched two movies last night for their 40th anniversary. The first was

The Great Muppet Caper (1981)

"I guess all's well that ends well.
                      -Doesn't matter to me, as long as it ends."

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                      . . . I haven't seen probably any Woody Allen films aside from brief clips, so I put a few in scattered areas on my Netflix list. My dad saw this ages ago but still was entertained . . . I have What's Up, Tiger Lily? in a couple weeks and I should probably ass Bananas to the list.
                      Bananas is one of his best. Either that or Sleeper is my favorite of his. Of course, Annie Hall and Manhattan are classics. I also loved Deconstructing Harry.

Comment

• I'm leaving the '"ass Bananas" typo in there, for posterity reasons.
                        Villain Draft 3: Fourth Place Winner

September 11, 2001; January 6, 2021; February 13, 2021

Comment

• Dragonslayer (1981)

"It's a shield. I made it. Might keep the fire off of you, might not."

The other 40th anniversary and one I hadn't seen in many years. Picked up the DVD from Amazon recently for the occasion. Sadly, it hasn't gotten an HD transfer yet.

Originally posted by Agent Purple View Post
                          I'm leaving the '"ass Bananas" typo in there, for posterity reasons.
                          For the record, I saw your "ass" and didn't say anything ... except for when I re-posted it.
                          Space Cop
                          The Dandy
                          Last edited by Space Cop; 06-28-2021, 01:08 AM.

Comment

Dragonslayer (1981)
                            The other 40th anniversary and one I hadn't seen in many years. Picked up the DVD from Amazon recently for the occasion. Sadly, it hasn't gotten an HD transfer yet.
                            It does have an HD transfer, actually, and I have it on Vudu. It's just not available on disc Stateside. There's actually a few movies that have this issue, and while some eventually get proper physical releases, there are a lot that don't. This is actually where their Disc to Digital program comes in handy. Owning this on DVD should be able to get you the HD digital copy for just $5. Simply download the Vudu app on your phone and scan the barcode.
                            Do good. Be well. Make happy.

Comment

• Willy Wonka (1971)

"The suspense is terrible... I hope it'll last."

Watched with the fam for the 50th anniversary.

The Naked Gun 2 1⁄2: The Smell of Fear (1991)

"Now, Jane, what can you tell us about the man you saw last night?
                              -He's Caucasian.
                              Caucasian?
                              -Yeah, you know, a white guy. A mustache. About six-foot-three.
                              Awfully big mustache."

30th anniversary.

Originally posted by Parrylakks View Post
                              It does have an HD transfer, actually, and I have it on Vudu. It's just not available on disc Stateside. There's actually a few movies that have this issue, and while some eventually get proper physical releases, there are a lot that don't. This is actually where their Disc to Digital program comes in handy. Owning this on DVD should be able to get you the HD digital copy for just $5. Simply download the Vudu app on your phone and scan the barcode.
                              Good to know. Thanks.
                              Space Cop
                              The Dandy
                              Last edited by Space Cop; 07-02-2021, 01:37 AM.

Comment

• Dr giggles. Campy as hell but love 90s horror

Comment

Working...
                                X