This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frozen
    I didn't have really high hopes for this movie, what with its same-faced blonde, fair, protagonists. Having said that, it was really charming, almost as much as "Tangled," which I quite liked.

The Amazing Spider-man
    This is a movie that happened. I watched it. It had a beginning, middle, and an end. The only remarkable things about it are the casting. I really liked the guy playing Peter, and not just because he had a spectacular butt, though that did help. And Emma Stone was, as always, flawless.

Comment

• Comment

• The Raid: Redemption (2011)

"Pulling a trigger is like ordering a takeout."

Comment

• Noah

Darren Aronofsky definitely takes alot of creative liberties with this film. I mean, at times, I felt I was watching a remake of The Dark Crystal. There is a definitely a fantasy like quality to Noah which was accompanied by great performances from Russell Crowe, Jennifer Connelly and Emma Watson.

The pace of the story and plot keep me intrigued through out the film. Additionally, the film kept me guessing on how this movie will end.

3.5/5
          You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Mulan (1998)

"I never want to see a naked man again."

This was probably my favorite of the three 90s Disney cartoon movies I finally saw recently.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
              This was probably my favorite of the three 90s Disney cartoon movies I finally saw recently.
              Hunchback, Mulan, what was the third? I recalled you mentioning Hercules, but don't remember seeing you post about watching it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                Hunchback, Mulan, what was the third? I recalled you mentioning Hercules, but don't remember seeing you post about watching it.
                Hercules is up today. Pocahontas was the other one. Though frankly (and I know people will be up in arms about this) I liked Mulan more than Lion King too. I find those two friends of the lions so annoying I can't stand that movie.

Comment

• Ah, OK. Personally, I think I liked Hercules better than Mulan (and certainly more than Lion King. I did enjoy Lion King, but it was certainly not my favorite), but it did have some potentially annoying characters I suppose, so your reaction may depend on how much weight that factor has...

Have you watched Tarzan? I thought that one was fun, too.

Comment

• Nope. Guess I'll add that too.

BTW: watched 1/3 of Hercules and I see what you mean about it playing fast and loose with mythology. Also, the animation style is very different from the others of the time. But, it's still fun so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Space Cop View Post
                      Nope. Guess I'll add that too.

BTW: watched 1/3 of Hercules and I see what you mean about it playing fast and loose with mythology. Also, the animation style is very different from the others of the time. But, it's still fun so far.
                      Yeah, the story is a mishmash of elements culled from various bits of mythology, which might explain why the Greek government apparently flat refused to host the opening there, despite Disney's wishes. I still enjoyed it, though.

As far as Tarzan goes, I've never read the book, but from what I hear, anybody that is a big fan of the original will likely be somewhat aghast at the changes wrought there, too. I'm not very knowledgeable about Tarzan, though, so I had no such objections.

Also, upon reflection, you might find the characters of Terk and Tantor to be a bit too close to Timon and Puumba for your taste. Hmm...

Well, I won't say "skip it", since I enjoyed it, but you should go in forewarned.
                      Mister Ed
                      Horse of a Different Color
                      Last edited by Mister Ed; 04-03-2014, 06:57 PM.

Comment

• The Wolf of Wall Street

This was a definitely an over-the-top sexually graphic film that would fit pretty nicely with the lineup on CineMax. The movie reminded me a lot of Pain & Gain, where people are just trying to getting quick and easy and don't have any morals about it. But in this movie, it's also how you spend the millions of dollars obtained; which is pretty much the dream of almost any boy from the ages of 13 to 31.

This movie is crazy, just like Project X crazy.

4/5
                        You just witnessed the strength of geek knowledge. N.W.A., Nerd With Attitude. Straight out of Vulcan!

Comment

• Great Stuff.

I find this film very fascinating to watch. Another classic from The Coen Brothers.
                          Mister.Weirdo
                          Guardian of the Universe
                          Last edited by Mister.Weirdo; 04-03-2014, 09:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mister Ed View Post
                            ...As far as Tarzan goes, I've never read the book, but from what I hear, anybody that is a big fan of the original will likely be somewhat aghast at the changes wrought there, too. I'm not very knowledgeable about Tarzan, though, so I had no such objections...
                            Strangely, although I've read John Carter stuff, I haven't read Tarzan, so I won't have that prejudice this time ... just the info from the old show.

Originally posted by Mister.Weirdo View Post

Great Stuff.

I find this film very fascinating to watch. Another classic from The Coen Brothers.
                            Imp Awards doesn't work for the rest of us, guys. You see it because you went to the site.

Comment

• This movie goes right up there with Iron Man, Captain America, and The Avengers in terms of quality. It pretty much hits all the notes you want it to hit, and definitely leaves you with a satisfied feeling. Falcon was executed even better than I thought he was going to be.

Follow The Nobodies Comic on Facebook or Twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by JohnnyV View Post
                                This movie goes right up there with Iron Man, Captain America, and The Avengers in terms of quality. It pretty much hits all the notes you want it to hit, and definitely leaves you with a satisfied feeling. Falcon was executed even better than I thought he was going to be.
                                Exactly this.

Originally posted by Avatar Aang
                                When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.

Comment

Working...
                                X